24bit Sound From PC To Analog Stereo Receiver
Mar 10, 2014 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

soundsculpture

New Head-Fier
Hello,

on my sound card i couldn't turn 24bit off so i forgot about it but my amp started flashing very spectacular and i think the sound of the amp is out of touch so my questions are:

Can you do that? Did my amp really flashed? Do i have the right for a replacement or a repair with my warranty?

Thx

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 2
You said analog receiver, therefore I assume it does not have a digital input of some sort,  meaning you sent an analog signal over RCA outputs from computer to RCA inputs at receiver, in which case everything should work, or you sent output to RCA output at receiver whereby to sound would be heard. Now, if your receiver does have digital input of some sort and you are sending a digital signal to such, you would not get any sound if you are exceeding the receiver's DAC capacity. In such case there might be some sort of announcement of incompatibility coming from the receiver's LCD display. When there are no issues the receiver will just read out what sort of signal it is converting, i.e.24/96, 16/44, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back