Jan 24, 2006 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Homeless

Headphoneus Supremus
Is anyone watching this show? this has been my favourite show on TV since its first season. This season has been really good too...when an episode ends I really wish I could just keep on watching for another 5 hours. BTW, anyone else think Jack Bauer is one of, if not the best character in TV history? He doesn't take crap from anybody.

Any thoughts on what may happen this season?

Jan 24, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 20
yeah love this show...that is why i dont watch it on tv...huh you say?
i just wait and get the whole season on dvd at once and watch for hours until i get sick....

Jan 24, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
yeah love this show...that is why i dont watch it on tv...huh you say?
i just wait and get the whole season on dvd at once and watch for hours until i get sick....

I could do the same I guess, but it would kill me to wait...so...uhh, wanna know what's happend so far this season? lol...just kidding, but maybe you should stay away from this thread. I should have put a spoiler warning up...

Jan 24, 2006 at 11:25 AM Post #4 of 20
I love 24. It reminds me of a day at work. Just kidding. Jack is such a great character - strong willed and is the modern day James Bond (without the womanizing).

On a negative note, I really don't like the current President's character; we just such a wimp compared to the original fellow (on the allstate commercials). Chloe reminds me of the GF when she's upset - highly emotional, irrational, intelligent.

Anyway, I missed last night's first half - can anyone fill me in?

Jan 24, 2006 at 12:18 PM Post #5 of 20
Stevesurf -

In the first half of the show, Jack transfers all of his cd's to his hard drive losslessly using EAC, and cannot believe how much better it is playing music off of his computer than through a traditional cd transport. He gives one of his trademark "DAMMIT!!!!" yells, then says: "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CAN HAVE ALL THIS CONVENIENCE WITH NO ADDED JITTER!!!!!"

biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2006 at 12:31 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by nspindel
Stevesurf -

In the first half of the show, Jack transfers all of his cd's to his hard drive losslessly using EAC, and cannot believe how much better it is playing music off of his computer than through a traditional cd transport. He gives one of his trademark "DAMMIT!!!!" yells, then says: "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CAN HAVE ALL THIS CONVENIENCE WITH NO ADDED JITTER!!!!!"

biggrin.gif

That's hilarious. I've watched the show since the first season. By the 3rd season my daughter started to watch with me and now my son has joined us. My wife couldn't get past the perils of pauline (daughter) in the first season and gave up on the show. It is by far one of my favorites especially with Alias going downhill and ending.

Jan 24, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #7 of 20
I've been hooked since season 1. It's a little over the top at times, and Jack has the resilience of a radioactive cockroach ( how many people do you know can be beaten or tortured to near death 3 or 4 times in one day, and still come back and save the world? ) but the non-stop action and tension sucks me in every week.

Jan 24, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by nspindel
Stevesurf -

biggrin.gif

This is too funny!!!

Ok, but this is what really happened:
After a great amount of torture, the mole at CTU reveals that all the plans from the Chief of Staff are stored on a high resolution SACD; Jack consults Chloe, who can be the most intelligent and empty-brained (at the same time) person. As she's currently PO'd at the mole, she tells Jack to use EAC to decode the SACD. In the final moments of the show, when everyone is on the edge of their seats listening for the secrets on the CD, the clock ticks 11:55 11:56 11:57...and...then...

Silence

eek.gif

Now...

[size=xx-small]WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED IN THE FIRST HALF HOUR OF 24?![/size]

Jan 24, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #10 of 20
24 and CSI are the only shows worth watching IMO. Both are excellent. I agree that this president totally sucks, bring the Allstate guy back he kicks @ss! My wife just started watching this season and all it took was the first 2hr episode and she is now hooked!

Jan 31, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #12 of 20
Damn, last nights episode was good! I was so glad to see Jack get that person Cummings. That President sucks though... spineless! And oh how sweet it was to watch it in HD
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
I've been hooked since season 1. It's a little over the top at times, and Jack has the resilience of a radioactive cockroach ( how many people do you know can be beaten or tortured to near death 3 or 4 times in one day, and still come back and save the world? ) but the non-stop action and tension sucks me in every week.

You gotta know Tony Almeda will pop up before the day is done. Who cares if he got blown up by a car bomb and his wife is dead and he is covered in 3rd degree burns. In the last couple of years, he kicked alcohol, got shot in the neck, got exposed to biological weapons, and still kicked ass! Should we start a poll on what hour he will return this season?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back