22nd August UNSW (Sydney, Australia) Meet!
Sep 30, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #121 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that I've finally found the perfect set of tubes for the Woo, and my HF-2 are burnt in, I think I'm finally at "end of the road", if such a thing exists. Comfort still isn't great with the Grados, but the sound is phenomenal. Tone is beautiful, music has life, and is capable of both extreme dynamics and extreme delicacy.

The speed of the HF-2/Woo combo is much greater than I expected, and I suspect the Pico is actually slightly bottlenecking that, but I don't particularly care. The intimacy of the Grados doesn't seem to hamper them in imaging accurately or portraying resonance, and grants them a very engaging signature. The HD800's, while capable of much bigger soundstage, lacked the immediately gripping quality of the HF-2. HD800 didn't seem to lack anything across the spectrum, but the whole presentation was more of enveloping music, rather than gripping music. To use an analogy, the HD800 is a dancer on the stage that entrances you with her form, grace and poise, wheras the HF-2 reaches down and pulls you up onto the stage and makes you dance with her
biggrin.gif

I have to get the HF-2 either either an extension cord or a recable though, as the stock cord is too short for comfort.

Excellent impressions! Congrats Jason.

Oct 10, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #122 of 125
hey guys, anyone know of a cheap place to get some Comply t400 eartips ?

been trying to look for the large 5 pair pack in black, but cant really find them anywhere for a decent price.

ideas?

Oct 14, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #124 of 125
hmm thx for that!

also has anyone used complies on the ie8?
what size of comply is equivalent to the large senn foams?
thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back