20Hz loudspeakers ?
Sep 5, 2018 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Whitigir

Member of the Trade: Portable Modder
so, high-end Headphones has no problems with this section. Now I see loud speakers has a huge problem in getting this. Any recommendations ? I don’t want subwoofer. The less crossover, the better. I don’t mind DIY

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Some of the GoldenEar Triton series have built in subs. Mind blowing imaging and staging too!

Sep 7, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #6 of 6
so, high-end Headphones has no problems with this section. Now I see loud speakers has a huge problem in getting this. Any recommendations ? I don’t want subwoofer.

Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage, Focal Grande Utopia, Focal Stella Utopia, Dynaudio Evidence, Dynaudio Contour S5.4, Duevel Jupiter...

I don’t want subwoofer. The less crossover, the better. I don’t mind DIY

Ummmm....you're still going to end up using a crossover, otherwise the low frequency driver will get frequencies that are too high for the range where its output is clean. All the speakers listed above have 3-way crossovers.

If you want a simple 2-way design that hits low, but not really hard, try a Fostex 6in fullrange driver in a gigantic transmission line enclosure paired with a supertweeter. The transmission line enclosure reaches well below 50hz if properly designed and you choose the correct driver, and then it doesn't have low pass crossovers, just the high pass filter for the supertweeter designed to just take over where FR driver rolls off; maybe a notch filter too in case the tweeters have any peaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back