20gb+ player advice
Dec 27, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I had a question about X5L's, is it true that you can't browse by the ID3 tags(eg; cant browse by artist, album, genre, ect; )? If so, how is everything set up when browsing?

Yep, it's file-folder browsing, which I prefer since it's easier for me to just drag n' drop. It lets you browse through music in the same file-folder setup your music is in when you copy it over. If you want ID3 browsing, though, rockbox fully supports this feature. I've tried it myself and it worked pretty well.

Jan 2, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #17 of 19
How is the reliability with these hard drive mp3 players? Is it relatively easy to replace a broken HD on a Rio? The main reason why i initially chose those 3 models (x5, ipod, zvm) is that i can buy them new and get a warranty - is that something i should be concerned about?

Jan 2, 2007 at 9:12 PM Post #18 of 19
I'd say you're looking at a rockboxed 30 gb ipod 5.5g. You can get all the accessories you'll need, including your car adapters and a turbodock from member TURBO which gives you your lineout for your car. They can be found refurbished on apple's website for 179$+shipping. Muah.

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #19 of 19
Despite the way you framed the question, the question most (NOT ALL) people tend to answer, however, is Which DAP do THEY use?

That said, I am not an Apple loyalist, but I chose iPod for three main reasons: easy to find/almost overwhelming availability of accessories, many good sources to check for tech questions, and third, sound quality, followed by ease of use.

I actually didn't want an iPod, but XM radio didn't give me everything I wanted in a single unit quickly enough.

I have checked out Meizu M6 on someone's recommendation and it looks solid, yet I am still almost certain to buy another iPod so I can swap out all my accessories/ICs/etc. already invested in.

So what's my point, I am not expecting or wanting $5000+ SQ out of my briefcase. I put convenience as my first consideration, and iPod was the clear choice.

If you live in an area where "stuff" for these other units is easily available, well, . . .

You know, I really don't have a point here . . . Happy shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back