[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Sep 26, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #7,173 of 7,442
Sorry but what kind correspond to the thin foam, identical to that of monk plus? Have you the link on aliexpress best for Europeans for custom reason?
Thank a lot
The thin foams seem to only come with the Monk+ and in the ExPack (together with lots of other foams in the ExPack as well). I love how thin they are for the sound. However, by nature due to how thin they are, they don't seem to last very long for me (they don't break, just get a bit loose). So I end up going for the thicker ones generally and save the thin foams for my Asura 2.

Sep 26, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #7,174 of 7,442
Thin and Asura 2 = win for me. Fantastic

Sep 27, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #7,176 of 7,442
Better sonic signature (balance), more natural bass response + they sound really great with the thin foams (which I prefer using for fit and comfort).

Sep 27, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #7,177 of 7,442
why not a bluemonk?

they take a monk + and upgrade the sound (to my ears) to an almost audiophile/studio monitor sound sig,

I am still surprised at the lack of attention this version of the monk+ gets

I have not heard of this - how does it compare to the Monk Plus Makka Edition? I have been listening to the Makka all summer long and I love it.

Sep 28, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #7,178 of 7,442
I have not heard of this - how does it compare to the Monk Plus Makka Edition? I have been listening to the Makka all summer long and I love it.

I'm not an audiophile, so the best way to describe it, is that with makka, it seems that it is the best monk + can sound by only changing the cable but the monk+ sound sig is still there,

with the bluemonk, abnormal wanted to upgrade the earbud

"it uses Vemonk default earbud then they did some modification in cable, plug and the driver."

like what they did to the original monk when they made it into the diomes lv2, but because it's cheaper than the diomes, maybe they didn't make it as good as diomes lv2, (idk, never heard it, and was too late to buy one)

Sep 28, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #7,179 of 7,442
What do you think about monk plus SPC in unbalanced and balanced ? I have both and I appreciate the clear and airy sound, with very good detail and separation but I found them a little fatiguating and with too emphasis to high frequencies and a low end a bit lighter. But sometimes ''this could be a plus in particular recordings.
I found candy more equilibrated and enjoyable and in general suitable for all kind of music with a more present low end, But they are not balanced.I am waiting for espresso balanced, hope in a improvement and in a character similar to candy

Sep 28, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #7,180 of 7,442
What do you think about monk plus SPC in unbalanced and balanced ? I have both and I appreciate the clear and airy sound, with very good detail and separation but I found them a little fatiguating and with too emphasis to high frequencies and a low end a bit lighter. But sometimes ''this could be a plus in particular recordings.
I found candy more equilibrated and enjoyable and in general suitable for all kind of music with a more present low end, But they are not balanced.I am waiting for espresso balanced, hope in a improvement and in a character similar to candy

Candy and Espresso are the same, only color change. You may hear a tiny difference in sound due to painted shell of Espresso (according to Lee), but I didn't hear a difference.

Sep 28, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #7,181 of 7,442
:beerchug::beerchug:
I'm not an audiophile, so the best way to describe it, is that with makka, it seems that it is the best monk + can sound by only changing the cable but the monk+ sound sig is still there,

with the bluemonk, abnormal wanted to upgrade the earbud

"it uses Vemonk default earbud then they did some modification in cable, plug and the driver."

like what they did to the original monk when they made it into the diomes lv2, but because it's cheaper than the diomes, maybe they didn't make it as good as diomes lv2, (idk, never heard it, and was too late to buy one)

Thank you for the information. I know sound is such a subjective thing, but are you able to comment on your impressions between the Bluemonk and the Makka? I know that there are not many people out there with the Makka and not much info about the Bluemonk :) The link to purchase describes the sound signature as something I may like but I'm curious as compared to the Makka as I always found it to be quite a jump sonically from the Monk+ and Candy (more treble detail and delineation and controlled bass while being smoother and easy to listen to).

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #7,183 of 7,442
What is the bluemonk

http://www.rholupat.com/bluemonk.html

:beerchug::beerchug:

Thank you for the information. I know sound is such a subjective thing, but are you able to comment on your impressions between the Bluemonk and the Makka? I know that there are not many people out there with the Makka and not much info about the Bluemonk :) The link to purchase describes the sound signature as something I may like but I'm curious as compared to the Makka as I always found it to be quite a jump sonically from the Monk+ and Candy (more treble detail and delineation and controlled bass while being smoother and easy to listen to).

I also have a candy version and also found it better than the normal monk+

(warning: non-audiophile flowery comments)

if monk + were a car it would be a bmw 3 series (something like a benchmark)

the monk + would be a normal 320i

the monk + candy = 320i sport

the monk + spc = m3

the monk + makka = m3 gtr

the bluemonk = bmw m3 made by rolls royce

well for me (a novice) I always thought of the bluemonk as not a monk, very neutral to my ears and I can agree to what they say on their site, (by playing some videogames,) that they have decent soundstage and separation

I don't use ve monk + makka too often, (maybe its the stiff cable) sonically they should be too much of a difference in sound, but when measuring I can see the monk sig still there only more flatter whereas the bluemonk are mostly flat (with my iphone 6s mic and pink noise from a smsl m3)

also I use thin foams on makka but use bluemonk as is

but really I would be the last person to comment on how earbuds compare or how they sound like, I can only agree or disagree with things said than be able to accurately describe the sound

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #7,185 of 7,442
http://www.rholupat.com/bluemonk.html

I also have a candy version and also found it better than the normal monk+

(warning: non-audiophile flowery comments)

if monk + were a car it would be a bmw 3 series (something like a benchmark)

the monk + would be a normal 320i

the monk + candy = 320i sport

the monk + spc = m3

the monk + makka = m3 gtr

the bluemonk = bmw m3 made by rolls royce

well for me (a novice) I always thought of the bluemonk as not a monk, very neutral to my ears and I can agree to what they say on their site, (by playing some videogames,) that they have decent soundstage and separation

I don't use ve monk + makka too often, (maybe its the stiff cable) sonically they should be too much of a difference in sound, but when measuring I can see the monk sig still there only more flatter whereas the bluemonk are mostly flat (with my iphone 6s mic and pink noise from a smsl m3)

also I use thin foams on makka but use bluemonk as is

but really I would be the last person to comment on how earbuds compare or how they sound like, I can only agree or disagree with things said than be able to accurately describe the sound

Thank you for the impressions. My apologies if I have deviated from VE talk discussing the Bluemonk as it is a mod- was curious as I had not heard of it.

I do like your analogy comparing various monk plus to BMW 3 series :) I won my Makka right before SPC was announced and decided to hold off on the SPC as the Makka had the presumably better Junkosha cable. Maybe someday I will try to obtain one as I've wanted to at least get all the different monk versions to potentially offer different sound. For now though I am loving the Makka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back