[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Sep 20, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #7,157 of 7,442
how do those stay on?

They are are wrapped around the earbud cap head just like the stock wings. You can't see that from the pic cause the foam is hiding all that. I put the foams on by putting a little hole in the foam on the side and then sliding the wing tips through the hole before fitting it on the earbud cap fully. That worked out perfectly. Of course the wings didn't magically fit like a glove, I had to do a bit of cutting with a scissors as some of the plastic was covering the front and back of the earbud after I yanked them on. I didn't think they would stay on without some glue but so far they are secure enough for me trial them out. If, in a couple of days use I don't find any issues with comfort I'll glue them on permanently.

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #7,158 of 7,442
They are are wrapped around the earbud cap head just like the stock wings. You can't see that from the pic cause the foam is hiding all that. I put the foams on by putting a little hole in the foam on the side and then sliding the wing tips through the hole before fitting it on the earbud cap fully. That worked out perfectly. Of course the wings didn't magically fit like a glove, I had to do a bit of cutting with a scissors as some of the plastic was covering the front and back of the earbud after I yanked them on. I didn't think they would stay on without some glue but so far they are secure enough for me trial them out. If, in a couple of days use I don't find any issues with comfort I'll glue them on permanently.

Ok, that's what I meant. I have a few packs of wings from BT earbuds that I bought my wife, and they just have contact points, but don't wrap around the 'bud to stay on. I was assuming a touch of "hot glue" here and there would keep them on. I ended up buying another few from AliExpress that are like the VE ones.

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #7,159 of 7,442
Ok, that's what I meant. I have a few packs of wings from BT earbuds that I bought my wife, and they just have contact points, but don't wrap around the 'bud to stay on. I was assuming a touch of "hot glue" here and there would keep them on. I ended up buying another few from AliExpress that are like the VE ones.

Ended up glueing it to approx one third of the cap only. I noticed the cap can rotate when assembled, enough so that it gives me an adjustment option to get the right fit in the ear. Looks a bit messy but when the foam pad is on it's not noticeable. I roughened the cap with sandpaper to ensure a strong bond and used 'superglue' which is one of those instant bond glues.

Edit: if anyone tries this be very careful with the superglue as it would be very easy for it to spill and go somewhere you don't want it to go.

glue.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #7,162 of 7,442
The Asura 2s are phenomenal. I use them more than the Zens - simply because they sound better with thin foams (where the Zen sound better naked). I prefer the comfort and stability of foam.

Sep 22, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #7,163 of 7,442
Anyone know a good $30-60 earbud upgrade to the monks? Also what foam tips have you guys replaced the stock ones with?

why not a bluemonk?

they take a monk + and upgrade the sound (to my ears) to an almost audiophile/studio monitor sound sig,

I am still surprised at the lack of attention this version of the monk+ gets

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #7,165 of 7,442
Sep 24, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #7,167 of 7,442
And my particolare question is how sounds massdrop blue midnight braded vs other model? I have candles ( my preferred) espresso, Spc ( I find them a little too bright). can someone describe the sound and eventually analogies with other models. I am very temped, they look very nice, but I am am curious about how they sound?

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #7,168 of 7,442
And my particolare question is how sounds massdrop blue midnight braded vs other model? I have candles ( my preferred) espresso, Spc ( I find them a little too bright). can someone describe the sound and eventually analogies with other models. I am very temped, they look very nice, but I am am curious about how they sound?

Lee stated on VE facebook page that Midnight blue braided uses same cable as Expresso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back