[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 25, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #5,356 of 7,442

Blue is the color of winning! 
beerchug.gif

regardless of colours, i will still get them
redface.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #5,357 of 7,442
Aug 25, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #5,358 of 7,442

Yes sir! I may make one of my CIEMs in the future Purple - I've always been thinking about it!  Probably the Lime Ears Aether, if I can. 

If you don't receive the MPER, PM me, I'll send you one of mine, my friend.

I've actually been looking into possibly buying a pair of CIEMs, been kind of a sceptical for many years because in ears have always felt uncomfortable to me, I figured it may be time I try customs instead and see how I handle those. I know next to nothing about them so I've not looked at any specific models but every time I see a purple or lilac shell with some sort cool dark shade plate I always fall in love right away.

I'm hoping I get all 8 of them toward the middle of September (going to be enjoying my holidays starting next week until then). Very generous of you to offer to send me one of yours bro, I'll let you know!

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #5,359 of 7,442
Yep - rose gold would be nice, or golden rod, or metallic gold or MU (Mizzou) gold would be nice.  Most any gold color would be fine with me. 
normal_smile%20.gif

Mizzou?! I'm a couple of hours away from Columbia...K-State grad, myself. #EMAW

And thread-related: Forest Green!

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #5,360 of 7,442

I've actually been looking into possibly buying a pair of CIEMs, been kind of a sceptical for many years because in ears have always felt uncomfortable to me, I figured it may be time I try customs instead and see how I handle those. I know next to nothing about them so I've not looked at any specific models but every time I see a purple or lilac shell with some sort cool dark shade plate I always fall in love right away.

I'm hoping I get all 8 of them toward the middle of September (going to be enjoying my holidays starting next week until then). Very generous of you to offer to send me one of yours bro, I'll let you know!

Hmm.....for the best fit experience in my experience, if you can, you can get 3D scanned and get a pair of customs that way (UE is a great place to start).  If you can't get 3D scanned, you can go with a company that has exemplary service such as Empire Ears or Jerry Harvey (nowadays!).  Any questions or inquiries with regards to customs, shoot me a PM, and I can help assist in any way that I can.

Cheers, my friend!

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #5,361 of 7,442
Mizzou?! I'm a couple of hours away from Columbia...K-State grad, myself. #EMAW

And thread-related: Forest Green!

Every Man A Wildcat (for those who are curious)

I was there (Mizzou) a couple years ago (I was in the St. Louis area for a week on vacation). 

Very nice area - and hopefully I can go to the wrestling room and workout with the team next time!

"Forest Green" is nice, but man, lime green......gracious.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #5,362 of 7,442

Blue is the color of winning! 
beerchug.gif

I just looked at your gear list and it's quite impressive, to say the least. It's nice to see someone with that gear list being excited about a $5 earbud!

A lot of people would poo poo on the idea of even trying it out due to the low cost. Did you happen to post a review of the Monk+? I have not heard either version yet, but would be interested in reading your impressions.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #5,363 of 7,442

Hmm.....for the best fit experience in my experience, if you can, you can get 3D scanned and get a pair of customs that way (UE is a great place to start).  If you can't get 3D scanned, you can go with a company that has exemplary service such as Empire Ears or Jerry Harvey (nowadays!).  Any questions or inquiries with regards to customs, shoot me a PM, and I can help assist in any way that I can.

Cheers, my friend!

Helpful as ever, you're a good guy Maurice. I appreciate that, I'll definitely hit you up once I get some more research on customs done. I've heard very good things about UE so I think that'll be my starting point!

beerchug.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #5,364 of 7,442

I just looked at your gear list and it's quite impressive, to say the least. It's nice to see someone with that gear list being excited about a $5 earbud!

A lot of people would poo poo on the idea of even trying it out due to the low cost. Did you happen to pst a review of the Monk+? I have not heard either version yet, but would be interested in reading your impressions.

The Monk Plus is the real deal for some people.  Not everyone will like them, and that's okay.  If a person doesn't like it, the next person will probably like it! haha

If anyone has read my posts through the years, I would hope that they wouldn't think that I am 'stuck up' and focused on just expensive equipment.  I just like the best that audio has to offer.  A lot of times I know that I can't say how I really feel without offending people (especially when it comes to price/performance of products), but it's all good, no harm intended.

I did not post an "official review" of the Monk Plus Exclusive Red, but I did post my initial thoughts earlier in the thread (search to find my post).

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #5,365 of 7,442

Helpful as ever, you're a good guy Maurice. I appreciate that, I'll definitely hit you up once I get some more research on customs done. I've heard very good things about UE so I think that'll be my starting point!

beerchug.gif

i would recommend you to start with empire ears
redface.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #5,366 of 7,442

beerchug.gif

Hey, right back at you, my friend!

I got you, I'll make sure whomever you go with takes good care of you...or else! :p hehehehe

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #5,367 of 7,442

redface.gif

They are a great first start!  Once 3D scanning may be implemented, they would be my unequivocal first choice, mainly because of the service as well as the plethora of sound signatures and models/prices that are offered.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #5,368 of 7,442

Hey, right back at you, my friend!

I got you, I'll make sure whomever you go with takes good care of you...or else! :p hehehehe

LOL, wouldn't want to be them then! I appreciate the thought brother.

redface.gif

Yo, I'd not even heard of Empire Ears before and the first thing I see when I open their website is this,

Come on man, that's not even fair, they're so beautiful. Seems they offer a ton of models at all sorts of price points which is great for me. Do they not support 3D scanning? I'm not familiar with how all of that works as I said.

Only downside to all this is all these brands are based off of the US of course, VAT will hit me like a truck but I imagine it's most likely worth it. Might be hard to find a place that does those sorta scans in Portugal as well but I'm sure I'd be able to figure one out.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #5,369 of 7,442

LOL, wouldn't want to be them then! I appreciate the thought brother.

Yo, I'd not even heard of Empire Ears before and the first thing I see when I open their website is this,

Come on man, that's not even fair, they're so beautiful. Seems they offer a ton of models at all sorts of price points which is great for me. Do they not support 3D scanning? I'm not familiar with how all of that works as I said.

Only downside to all this is all these brands are based off of the US of course, VAT will hit me like a truck but I imagine it's most likely worth it. Might be hard to find a place that does those sorta scans in Portugal as well but I'm sure I'd be able to figure one out.

Haha. Some companies are hella legit.  Others...not so much.  I fully support the ones that are on-point in every way.  Others, you won't hear me talk about them publicly - they don't deserve it. 
beerchug.gif

They currently don't support 3D scanning due to politics (long story), and I support their move to currently not support it.  But, Empire Ears will work with you to make sure you have the perfect fit!  You don't need to go with 3D scanning, but it does help with lessening the need for possible refits.

As for VAT, Empire Ears would work with you as best as they can as well - they have lots of international customers, so they would make your experience as best as possible, in my opinion and experience first-hand with international Empire Ears customers when conversing with them. @Jack Vang would work with you if you choose to go with them.  UE would be great as well, especially if you go with their 3D scanning option.

Aug 25, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #5,370 of 7,442

Haha. Some companies are hella legit.  Others...not so much.  I fully support the ones that are on-point in every way.  Others, you won't hear me talk about them publicly - they don't deserve it. 

They currently don't support 3D scanning due to politics (long story), and I support their move to currently not support it.  But, Empire Ears will work with you to make sure you have the perfect fit!  You don't need to go with 3D scanning, but it does help with lessening the need for possible refits.

As for VAT, Empire Ears would work with you as best as they can as well - they have lots of international customers, so they would make your experience as best as possible, in my opinion and experience first-hand with international Empire Ears customers when conversing with them. @Jack Vang would work with you if you choose to go with them.  UE would be great as well, especially if you go with their 3D scanning option.

Indeed, respectable companies should get all the support they deserve, doesn't always happen but it's nice that they have people like you that they can count on (just saw Empire Ears has a small part of a review of their Supra universal IEMs that you wrote on their website).

Understood regarding the scanning, I'm not aware of the situation at all so won't comment on the politics and all that; gonna have to look at our local audiologists and see what they can work with.

Thank you for the information regarding EE's willingness to accommodate international customers, it's always nice when companies do that sort of thing. Their models are SO sick too and the customization is on point, hopefully I can figure something out with them in the near future after my holiday. 
ksc75smile.gif

PS: I apologise for the offtopic, my bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back