[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Aug 25, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #5,341 of 7,442
  I'd be down for Rose Gold as well, 100%. I'm partial to random super vibrant transparent colours too though, purple, lime green, neon yellow, Porsche orange or any other really!

Oh man...purple would be soooo legit, bro.  Lime green, scrumptious!  Neon yellow, Porsche orange like the awesome Lego GT3 RS set - I mean you've picked colors that I would like to see any made into the Monk Plus! 

Wow........ 
beerchug.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #5,343 of 7,442

biggrin.gif
if it stays at original price

Nah, I can't see it going up in price - unless it comes with an iOS/Android remote!  Whuuuuuuut..... 
duggehsmile.png

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #5,345 of 7,442

or comes with in built dac
rolleyes.gif

Nah homie, no need for that at all, in my opinion.  I like the price point, and want it to stay there...it's an easy recommendation to anyone to purchase the Monk Plus! 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #5,346 of 7,442

Nah homie, no need for that at all, in my opinion.  I like the price point, and want it to stay there...it's an easy recommendation to anyone for purchase the Monk Plus! 
ksc75smile.gif

the monk is actually a great gift nonetheless. cheap pricing with a great sound.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #5,347 of 7,442

That would be snazzy as well!  I wonder if they will use the same gold color for the iPhone 7...we shall see!

I am curious to see if Apple really does do away with the headphone jack on the 7. I am hoping not!

The 6 is actually my first Apple phone, and I have to say that I honestly like it quite a lot. In fact, it is easily the nicest phone I have ever owned. I had several Android phones previously, but got tired of all of them having weird quirks/issues/bugs. Nothing I couldn't work around, but still super annoying.

I bought the Iphone 6 on a whim and it has been ROCK solid. No annoying glitches, hiccups, quirks, or other issues. I have even teased my GF about just breaking down and coming to the dark side, but she seems hesitant to leave her Samsung Galaxy behind.

So yeah, I would LOVE to see an iphone gold Monk+ in both balanced and single ended versions.
cool.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #5,348 of 7,442
Aug 25, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #5,349 of 7,442

I am curious to see if Apple really does do away with the headphone jack on the 7. I am hoping not!

The 6 is actually my first Apple phone, and I have to say that I honestly like it quite a lot. In fact, it is easily the nicest phone I have ever owned. I had several Android phones previously, but got tired of all of them having weird quirks/issues/bugs. Nothing I couldn't work around, but still super annoying.

I bought the Iphone 6 on a whim and it has been ROCK solid. No annoying glitches, hiccups, quirks, or other issues. I have even teased my GF about just breaking down and coming to the dark side, but she seems hesitant to leave her Samsung Galaxy behind.

So yeah, I would LOVE to see an iphone gold Monk+ in both balanced and single ended versions.
cool.gif

I know, right?...I don't want to have to use a Lightning splitter so I can charge as well, or have to resort to wireless charging (if they even implement it with the iPhone 7's release).

I started at the iPhone 5 after Android, and have been happy with the results - I have had the quirks and bugs from certain software releases, but they get it taken care of rather quickly, so no worries in that regard in my personal experience.  My family is always team Android versus team iPhone.  My wife's side of the family and my younger sister are team iPhone, and my younger brother (who has an iPhone 6 Plus as well) and my mother are team Android.  It's fun to poke at each other when something screws up on either platform, haha.

Balanced would be nice, but I just don't have a use for it (especially since I feel the QP1R sounds better than AK DAPs [the AK380 Copper is comparable to my ears, though]).  I'd like the color taken care of first (the Translucent Blue is very nice looking thus far), and then add in the goodies in the future. The pricing, I'd still like to see as economical, so I can give them to friends, family, and just tell people to purchase, just because.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #5,350 of 7,442

Oh man...purple would be soooo legit, bro.  Lime green, scrumptious!  Neon yellow, Porsche orange like the awesome Lego GT3 RS set - I mean you've picked colors that I would like to see any made into the Monk Plus! 

Wow........ 
beerchug.gif

Yeeeee it really would wouldn't it? Purple is my favourite colour so that'd be my first choice for sure. Glad to see you like the colours I picked!

Patiently waiting for the 8 pairs of red ones I bought on Massdrop LOL, they're like my go to gift when I wanna get something tiny for someone I care about. Cheap as change, striking looks and surprising sound for the ones not aware of its capabilities (and potentially not familiar with high fidelity audio). Perfect.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #5,351 of 7,442
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Vote-for-the-next-VE-Monk-Plus-color/result so far the blue is winning~ cheers Lee

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #5,352 of 7,442

Yeeeee it really would wouldn't it? Purple is my favourite colour so that'd be my first choice for sure. Glad to see you like the colours I picked!

Patiently waiting for the 8 pairs of red ones I bought on Massdrop LOL, they're like my go to gift when I wanna get something tiny for someone I care about. Cheap as change, striking looks and surprising sound for the ones not aware of its capabilities (and potentially not familiar with high fidelity audio). Perfect.

Yes sir! I may make one of my CIEMs in the future Purple - I've always been thinking about it!  Probably the Lime Ears Aether, if I can. 

If you don't receive the MPER, PM me, I'll send you one of mine, my friend.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #5,353 of 7,442
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Vote-for-the-next-VE-Monk-Plus-color/result so far the blue is winning~ cheers Lee

Thanks!  Blue is a very nice color, thus far. 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #5,355 of 7,442

Users who are viewing this thread

Back