[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jul 16, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #4,861 of 7,442
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/777138/venture-electronics-ve-duke-a-new-high-performance-iem

if u r into warm kind of sound like re400 , then u might like our earbud~ (zen mostly , if u have a half decent dap & amp)

duke is a different kind of beast~

Cheers

Lee

I would not call the re400 warm, it's almost like the HF5, but just a tiny bit warmer. Analytical enough for my taste.
Do you have a freq response curve for the Duke?

Jul 16, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #4,862 of 7,442
  I don't have ex pack, only old normal pack with thin foams. I've tried different combos and maybe custom thin donuts have been best, or naked as just observed. Hiegi donuts won't be it for sure, makes sound way too thick and bass heavy.

you really need an ex pack and try it with just the rubber rings to keep them in place.
it's perfection

Jul 16, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #4,864 of 7,442
If the HF5 is considered to have a neutral amount of bass, then the RE400 certainly has a noticeably larger amount. To me, the HF5 bass was a little anemic.

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #4,866 of 7,442
a week more to the red monk
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #4,873 of 7,442
  As someone with some background in electric engineering I can say with certainty that balanced headphones make no sense, it's something you would want to do with a microphone because of how long the cord can be, hearing any difference with headphones is nothing more than placebo.

You will find a lot of weird and crazy opinions about all sorts of things here on head-fi. That´s why I love it!  
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #4,874 of 7,442
You could start with the Monk+, then a small amp from Fiio, such as the A3($55), or E6($20-25); but I think the A1 has replaced the E6, for pretty much the same price.

Excellent small amps which pack a mighty punch for the Monk+. Use either with a music program on the S5, and you can have fantastic sound for $30-60. That is all you need for that set up. Any more and you may as well take the plunge and get the Zen 2.0, or something...

Hawk, I happened to have left you out of my thank you. My apologies about that. I also understand what you mean. However some kept suggesting for me to simply buy the earbuds, rather than give me suggestions about hardware that would be a good combination with thereof, as with others - yourself likewise - actually have. It's just a bit frustrating when someone says "buy them" when I ask "what would pair well with this product?" See what I mean? Kinda defeats the purpose of asking the question, eh?

Jul 17, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #4,875 of 7,442
Hawk, I happened to have left you out of my thank you. My apologies about that. I also understand what you mean. However some kept suggesting for me to simply buy the earbuds, rather than give me suggestions about hardware that would be a good combination with thereof, as with others - yourself likewise - actually have. It's just a bit frustrating when someone says "buy them" when I ask "what would pair well with this product?" See what I mean? Kinda defeats the purpose of asking the question, eh?

I agree. At least offer a "buy them because of this...or that point..." I'm not one to just purchase because someone says "but it", either.

Without this site, though; my "collection" would be much much slimmer. That said, without this site, I would have much less research for items I am interested in, to purchase.

And, sorry if my answer seemed a bit terse, it was not meant that way. And again, congrats on your purchases so far. Keep researching!

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back