[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jul 16, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #4,848 of 7,442
The Ex Pack is definitely worth getting - whether you own VE earbuds or another brand.

Here is what you get a for a measly $5.00

All of this - which when opens reveals:

2 sets of ear-guides (long and short), 2 sets of outer rings (black and white), 8 pairs of thin foams, 2 pairs of thicker donuts, and 2 pairs of thicker full covers.

The new covers are all red and blue - allowing you to colour code your channels for easy identification

And IMO - they are a must have for any ear-bud if you're looking for the perfect sound.  below is the FiiO EM3 I reviewed recently - with black rings fitted .....

And then thin foams over the top of that.

Took some time to get the right combo for my preferences - but well worth the effort, and the $5 is just incerdible value.

Everyone should have at least one pack.

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #4,852 of 7,442
Thanks Wayne and Tony. You two were the only one's who really answered my question - hence the only one's to give suggestions. XD

No offense, but you asked about eight questions (which is fine, and a great place for help); and all were answered from you search of earbuds (Monk+), to the expansion pack and questions regarding amps/DACS/etc.

All were answered in a timely manner, by many of the fine headfiers here on the site. Glad you found much help, best of luck with your purchases.

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #4,853 of 7,442
No offense, but you asked about eight questions (which is fine, and a great place for help); and all were answered from you search of earbuds (Monk+), to the expansion pack and questions regarding amps/DACS/etc.

All were answered in a timely manner, by many of the fine headfiers here on the site. Glad you found much help, best of luck with your purchases.

Well said.

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #4,856 of 7,442
http://www.head-fi.org/t/777138/venture-electronics-ve-duke-a-new-high-performance-iem
  How good is the Duke? The current IEM I use is the RE-400, how does it compare to it?

if u r into warm kind of sound like re400 , then u might like our earbud~ (zen mostly , if u have a half decent dap & amp)

duke is a different kind of beast~

Cheers

Lee

p.s. 

AE just updated (finally) , allowing buyers to choose shipping methods other than AE shipping ~ before if we wanna use AE~ then u can't use other shipping at all.

now they finally came to their senses and did something they should have done from day one.

so here is a simple lay-out of whats what~

AE Standard Shipping~ slowest of the lot, but cheapest as well, not only it is cheap, it also offer a fairly nice insurance policy.
As long as they can verify ur package is lost or damaged during shipping, they will refund all ur payment ~
Normally takes around 30 days, but u issue refund at 60days and might still eventually get ur item~ 

very good, if u wanna a safe bet.
but they will not cover u, if ur local post guy, screws up and signing ur package as delivered. 
so one way to avoid any thing like this, is to use 17track.net to trace it as soon as it enters the country.

ePacket is the best ~ imho, but u don't really get much coverage, but we have never lost a package with them so far other than then what I mentioned above package lost during delivery , which can totally be avoided if u monitor and call them up~ it should be signed, but ur postman might just leave it in ur mailbox and be done with it~ then u know the rest~

hk post is similar to e-packet, slower  but cover pretty much everything country in the world.

AE premium Shipping, had never seen anybody using it, but u r paying for normally 500 gram of weight, so it might be awesome for guys who r buying in bulks lol.

and Also if u wanna use paypal, plz drop by oursite~ it is not done but I think u can order MP with it~ at the very least!

www.veclan.com , and let me know if any issue comes up(which i am sure is going to be plenty )
deadhorse.gif

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #4,857 of 7,442
I've been listening RE-400 a lot lately, and now after a quite long time I put on Monk+ with hiegi donuts...
basshead.gif
what a bloated bass
basshead.gif
. Quick, donuts off, ahhh much better! I guess naked Monk+ is my preference now!

Jul 16, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #4,858 of 7,442
  I've been listening RE-400 a lot lately, and now after a quite long time I put on Monk+ with hiegi donuts...
basshead.gif
what a bloated bass
basshead.gif
. Quick, donuts off, ahhh much better! I guess naked Monk+ is my preference now!

try with different kind of combo~

if u can~

that is why u have the ex-pack rite ?

Jul 16, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #4,859 of 7,442

if u can~

I don't have ex pack, only old normal pack with thin foams. I've tried different combos and maybe custom thin donuts have been best, or naked as just observed. Hiegi donuts won't be it for sure, makes sound way too thick and bass heavy.

Jul 16, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #4,860 of 7,442

if u can~

I don't have ex pack, only old normal pack with thin foams. I've tried different combos and maybe custom thin donuts have been best, or naked as just observed. Hiegi donuts won't be it for sure, makes sound way too thick and bass heavy.

in that case 

double thin could also be an option

Users who are viewing this thread

Back