[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jul 12, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #4,821 of 7,442
Yeah exactly most of us are saying it should be that way :D I think no one really expected audible differences
after all its still the same product :smile: but in the case of ak100, different colours have different sound

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #4,825 of 7,442
BTW, the Monk+ w/Original Monk red doughnut rings sound superb when amped with the SinglePower MPX3.
Outstanding openness, clarity and resolution from these babies.
. . . but, alas, certainly not the last word in bass slam/extension . . . 

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #4,826 of 7,442
Hello everyone. I've never replied to a thread here on Head-Fi, and I'm very new to the audio enthusiast realm. I say that because going from Apple/Samsung earbuds, to HD 598s with a FiiO E6 (Portable and PC use), to HD 598s and a Micca Origen, and now HD 598s and 700s with the Micca Origen has all been a result of recommendations from a close friend.

But I've been craving a portable "in-ear" - as I have seen stated in this thread - experience.

Please bear with here. I'm very green to all audio. 

What would be some great options for a portable audio setup using my phone (Galazy S5)? DJ's post has me almost convinced to buy a pair of the Monks, but I need options. 

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #4,827 of 7,442
Hello everyone. I've never replied to a thread here on Head-Fi, and I'm very new to the audio enthusiast realm. I say that because going from Apple/Samsung earbuds, to HD 598s with a FiiO E6 (Portable and PC use), to HD 598s and a Micca Origen, and now HD 598s and 700s with the Micca Origen has all been a result of recommendations from a close friend.

But I've been craving a portable "in-ear" - as I have seen stated in this thread - experience.

What would be some great options for a portable audio setup using my phone (Galazy S5)? DJ's post has me almost convinced to buy a pair of the Monks, but I need options. 
iems or earbuds? Budget? Genre? Im confused since you mentioned in ears. Oo

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #4,828 of 7,442

I would recommend getting a few pairs of the Monks even though they are not in ear, regardless of what in-ear you end up choosing
wink_face.gif
  A very small investment with a big payout!
biggrin.gif
gs1000.gif

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #4,829 of 7,442

I would recommend getting a few pairs of the Monks even though they are not in ear, regardless of what in-ear you end up choosing
wink_face.gif
  A very small investment with a big payout!
biggrin.gif
gs1000.gif

Thanks kazekaeru XD I forgot to mention that I wanted a model of a Monk in my portable setup, including the fact that I want to drive headphones as well. 

And audio123 I wish to try a pair of these Monk earbuds (apparently there are differing models?). I was referring to thereof when I said "in-ear." I also left a bit out of the post by accident. Sorry about that. 

The missing bit: I want to be convinced that these earbuds sound as great as DJ says. Also do the earbuds perform and sound well without an Amp or DAC/Amp combo? Would anyone recommend or say it is a necessity to use an Amp or DAC/Amp combo? 

My final question: What portable DACs, AMPs, or DAC/AMPs would be a good setup with earbuds and headphones? I want to be able to drive my HD 598s and these Monks with exceptional sound quality but am not sure what options are out there that will meet that standard.

I hope this makes my question a bit clearer.   

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #4,830 of 7,442

Thanks kazekaeru XD I forgot to mention that I wanted a model of a Monk in my portable setup, including the fact that I want to drive headphones as well. 

And audio123 I wish to try a pair of these Monk earbuds (apparently there are differing models?). I was referring to thereof when I said "in-ear." I also left a bit out of the post by accident. Sorry about that. 

The missing bit: I want to be convinced that these earbuds sound as great as DJ says. Also do the earbuds perform and sound well without an Amp or DAC/Amp combo? Would anyone recommend or say it is a necessity to use an Amp or DAC/Amp combo? 

My final question: What portable DACs, AMPs, or DAC/AMPs would be a good setup with earbuds and headphones? I want to be able to drive my HD 598s and these Monks with exceptional sound quality but am not sure what options are out there that will meet that standard.

I hope this makes my question a bit clearer.   

at 5 usd, you can't go wrong with the monk 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back