[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jun 12, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #4,366 of 7,442
  Do the custom cable Monks on eBay have better build quality?

Here's a weird thing though. I have this problem only with my phone - when it's plugged in my laptop I easily get stereo. I also want to blame the weird headphone jack in the Moto X that is slightly open in the rear (maybe you can find photos of this), which might make a full fit harder to achieve. In summary, though, if they do break even after I get my cable extension in the mail, would custom cables or plugs prevent this from happening again?

Hard to say unless someone sees for themselves. I want to recable a Monk with sommer Peacock MKii cable. Will be some heavy earbuds, lol!

The moto X has a weird headphone jack... my friend has one. If the cable extension doesn't solve it I would say the headpone jack itself is to blame.

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #4,367 of 7,442
Monks have a very special memory in my life now!

I got married on 15th May of this year. On our honeymoon trip I had kept a Monk and Monk+ with me, which we then together really enjoyed. Had a great time listening to our fav songs using the monks.

I then gifted the Monks (she liked original better, while I like + a bit more) to her.

Thanks Lee haha.
Congrats brother! :)

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #4,370 of 7,442
RIP. Double damn that headphone plug. Turns out it wasn't 100% working with my computer's jack, just that 90% of the degrees worked. Well just now a tug in my bed completely killed sound in the right earpiece and now I had to throw it away. And my plug extension is still 3 days away...rotten, rotten luck all around. Hell, I ordered another pair out of impulse. Now I have to use V-Modas for a month for walking and on the subway so a backpack daily is likely.

Great earbuds, faulty plug. They lived for two wonderful months. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #4,371 of 7,442
  Hello guys, so I just received my Monk Plus and Expansion Pack, so when I have time I'll try all kinds of combinations, but for now, what do you guys think is the best combo to use with Monk plus? Thin foams, rubber rings, etc etc ?

That depends on anatomy and preference.  Rather than asking advice - you have the covers - why not try them all out, and tell us what you think of them ? 
smile.gif

Jun 13, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #4,372 of 7,442

That depends on anatomy and preference.  Rather than asking advice - you have the covers - why not try them all out, and tell us what you think of them ? 
smile.gif

True that, it was just like I said though, I was a bit short on time, so wanted to decide which ones to jump upon ;b With due time I'll have the capability of doing a fair review of every acessory and how it influences the sound ^^ 

Atm rocking them naked, good as always with a bit of fatigue due to pressure on the ear.

Jun 14, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #4,373 of 7,442
I've got the Monk plus a week ago and I have them running on my PC 8 hours a day since and compared it with the original Monk I have since December and I still prefer the original Monk. The Monk + has more body but I like the original monks organic sound and soundstage. Anyone has the same impression?

Jun 14, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #4,374 of 7,442
  True that, it was just like I said though, I was a bit short on time, so wanted to decide which ones to jump upon ;b With due time I'll have the capability of doing a fair review of every acessory and how it influences the sound ^^ 

Atm rocking them naked, good as always with a bit of fatigue due to pressure on the ear.

same here my only concern is earwax going in!
tongue.gif

Jun 14, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #4,375 of 7,442

I have gone back to running both Monk/+ naked, with the cable end (out of the bud) running at about 1900-1930, along the groove of my ear...fit my ears the best, and sound is quite good.

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #4,376 of 7,442
  RIP. Double damn that headphone plug. Turns out it wasn't 100% working with my computer's jack, just that 90% of the degrees worked. Well just now a tug in my bed completely killed sound in the right earpiece and now I had to throw it away. And my plug extension is still 3 days away...rotten, rotten luck all around. Hell, I ordered another pair out of impulse. Now I have to use V-Modas for a month for walking and on the subway so a backpack daily is likely.

Great earbuds, faulty plug. They lived for two wonderful months. 

you should keep the others and mod them with a new cord 
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #4,377 of 7,442
Dumb question here. Why would anyone use massplop? I have an issue with any vendor that requires a membership just to view the products on sale.

But where else are you going to get RED hot monks lol? Massplop ain't so bad though really. You do have to sign up, but it doesn't cost anything. They come up with some pretty interesting deals now and then (although many of them aren't really deals, and you usually have to wait quite a while for your product to arrive). A bonus though is that you can further distract yourself with the morning email they send listing the new drops!

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #4,378 of 7,442

But where else are you going to get RED hot monks lol? Massplop ain't so bad though really. You do have to sign up, but it doesn't cost anything. They come up with some pretty interesting deals now and then (although many of them aren't really deals, and you usually have to wait quite a while for your product to arrive). A bonus though is that you can further distract yourself with the morning email they send listing the new drops!

the massdrop Monk + buds were $4.99 and they are $5.00 on Aliexpress. See we're saving money! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #4,379 of 7,442

http://www.krylon.ca/products/fusion-for-plastic/  

Pop round to a hobby shop and you can get Scuderia Ferrari decals to go on top. Now who has monks with that panache?

Sure it costs. They sell of the mailing list to make up the difference in lower pricings and next thing you know you are getting endless emails to by condo's in Fallujah and rhinesone encrusted penile accessories.

I can look at amazon, taobao, ebay, kijiji, alibaba yahoo auctions et al for free without any sign up or commitment. Massplop is a classic case of what went wrong with western marketing in the 90's brought back to life in the new era. I am sure they will do well even without my money, but really, I wish them luck. They either clue the firetruck in or they are gone in less than 3 years when an asian company takes that model and does it up right.

Thus endith the rant:)

Jun 14, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #4,380 of 7,442
  I've got the Monk plus a week ago and I have them running on my PC 8 hours a day since and compared it with the original Monk I have since December and I still prefer the original Monk. The Monk + has more body but I like the original monks organic sound and soundstage. Anyone has the same impression?

Absolutely I have similar impression,  I like the original monk more especially with classic music. Monk plus is very good, original monk is a pearl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back