[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Apr 14, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #2,927 of 7,442
  Actually I compared the Monk+ to a brand new pair of the original Monks that I had unopened. I knew it wouldn't be fair to compare it to the one I had been using. For what it's worth, the unopened original Monk and the one I've been using daily sounded exactly the same.

Oooooops!  That´s interesting.

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #2,930 of 7,442
Thanks golov17 for the reply.

Also thanks to Aornic for the first comparison. In that case will continue to stick to the Edifier H180 :p But for reasons of support for Lee and his work, would try out the Monk+, especially the expansion kit is very tempting!

Also a BIG vote for a bass intense VE earbud to Lee. Correctly priced and we can start ordering in two digit amounts :D

Happy listening! :)

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #2,931 of 7,442
I'm wishing more & more to find a source of at least 1 pair of the original Monks >.<
basshead.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #2,934 of 7,442
  I'm wishing more & more to find a source of at least 1 pair of the original Monks >.<
basshead.gif

According to Lee's post on Venture Electronics' Official Club at Facebook, he will continue to include the 32 ohm Monks when ordering the Zen 2.0 and will now also include it to buyers of the Asura 2.0. So there is your chance.
Lee has not posted that frequent here on Head-fi the last few days so I recommend everybody to follow the updates at https://www.facebook.com/groups/52vecn/ where he posts quite a lot.

Apr 14, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #2,935 of 7,442
One guy sells original Monks officially with a 1-year warranty in my country (Poland) and still has 23 pairs available as I can see, that's for your information if someone would be interested :)

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #2,936 of 7,442

basshead.gif

According to Lee's post on Venture Electronics' Official Club at Facebook, he will continue to include the 32 ohm Monks when ordering the Zen 2.0 and will now also include it to buyers of the Asura 2.0. So there is your chance.
Lee has not posted that frequent here on Head-fi the last few days so I recommend everybody to follow the updates at https://www.facebook.com/groups/52vecn/ where he posts quite a lot.

Thx man~

and yes.......I think we are a bit too busy these days......
It is take us more time to pack them, as we have decided to raise the shipping a bit and only ship with boxes instead of "protective envelops" before for smaller orders.
, cuz it is unfair for guys to wait for a long time then get a defective one.

Cheers

Lee

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #2,939 of 7,442
Lee - Monk + arrived.

My one concern is that you may end up seriously denting the sales of your higher end products.  Monk + sound very natural - and for me akin to wearing very good open headphones.

And also - used the Enterprise with the HD600 all last week.  Incredibly good.  I'll be in touch this weekend so I can finish review.  I love it!

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #2,940 of 7,442
  Lee - Monk + arrived.

My one concern is that you may end up seriously denting the sales of your higher end products.  Monk + sound very natural - and for me akin to wearing very good open headphones.

And also - used the Enterprise with the HD600 all last week.  Incredibly good.  I'll be in touch this weekend so I can finish review.  I love it!

true but having tried the ve duke b4, ve monk is better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back