[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Mar 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #2,267 of 7,442
I dont understand how he could sell so many, I mean, he is just another seller at Aliexpress right. This earphone is, as far as I know, only famous here on head fi.

And don't forget that we spread the love for Monk. :wink:
We gift to our friends and they buy for their friends.

And it is so cheap! If it was $20 or more Lee wouldn't sell this much.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #2,268 of 7,442
Once they've sold out, usually, how long will it be until the next batch comes out?

I asked him (Venture ele) the same and he said that no worries about that. Monks will stay in stock for the same price, for months to come.

Mar 15, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #2,269 of 7,442

I dont understand how he could sell so many, I mean, he is just another seller at Aliexpress right. This earphone is, as far as I know, only famous here on head fi.

And don't forget that we spread the love for Monk.
wink.gif

We gift to our friends and they buy for their friends.

And it is so cheap! If it was $20 or more Lee wouldn't sell this much.

He is really smart tho. I had never owned a pair of earbuds till the monk.... now I'm obsessed with them. I don't really like IEM's bc they are a hassle. I have to use comply tips to get a good seal. The only thing ill buy going forward is custom in ear monitors. until then it will be EARBUDS :)

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #2,273 of 7,442
  It is really the price that makes these special, every other FOTM just can't impact as much because 10$ is already double the price of just one Monk :b

It's strange to keep seeing the Monk said to be $5 when they are $8 shipped.  Other "FOTMs" are priced with included shipping.  If Monk shipping cost $20, would it still be said they cost $5?

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #2,274 of 7,442

It's strange to keep seeing the Monk said to be $5 when they are $8 shipped.  Other "FOTMs" are priced with included shipping.  If Monk shipping cost $20, would it still be said they cost $5?

You're really complaining about the price of epacket shipping from China?

I've ordered from VE four times now. Whether I bought one or six Monks I paid $3 for shipping.

If the $3 for shipping is a problem for you... maybe the Monk is not for you.

edit: I prefer the Monk to a lot of earbuds worth $40-50 still. I don't think it's just the low price that makes them popular. Haven't heard the Asura 2.0 yet but I expect those will be stellar too. Still, I love me some Monk.

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #2,275 of 7,442

It's fair to say that they cost $5. For example there are places where you can get it for the exact price, like in China.

Also like Vap mentioned multiple units are covered in same shipping cost.

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #2,276 of 7,442

You don't have to pay for the better epacket shipping.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #2,277 of 7,442

I've ordered from VE four times now. Whether I bought one or six Monks I paid $3 for shipping.

edit: I prefer the Monk to a lot of earbuds worth $40-50 still. I don't think it's just the low price that makes them popular. Haven't heard the Asura 2.0 yet but I expect those will be stellar too. Still, I love me some Monk.

not that I'm complaining and just out of curiosity, which countries are getting $3 shipping independent of how many are ordered? I checked a bunch of countries and they all scale up ~$1 per Monk.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #2,278 of 7,442
  A lot of people just read/came to head-fi without ever bother to register and post, just to see reviews and read impressions. 

Don´t forget the huge china market. I´m certain there are also forums like this one, where they share the love for the monks.  
normal_smile .gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #2,280 of 7,442

Here comes the "if you can't afford $3..." comments.

There's other value phones around $8 shipped.  No one says they cost $1 if they paid $1 + $7 shipping. Here and there someone might quote a price without shipping, but it's not on every page.  

They're still apparently a great deal.  I'm just adding a little reality since it's said so often and is inaccurate hype.

Saying they're available for $5 shipped in China isn't a legitimate reason for people who paid $8 to say they paid $5 like they routinely do.  It may be some fun hype here and there, and that's cool.  I wouldn't have said anything if it didn't seemingly happen on every page, going on 152 pages now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back