[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Feb 10, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #1,801 of 7,442
I got my Monks today, and I've got to say that these definitely live up to the hype!
It's incredible how much SQ you get for such a ridiculous price.
Congratulations to the VE team for such amazing earbuds!!!

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #1,802 of 7,442
  So I think I've given up on the Monk...
frown.gif

They sound excellent but I just can't get them where I need them to sit for the best sound quality. Tried the Earhoox but it's a no go. I have a ton of iem's but would have liked them to work out. They sound very very good but the fit is what kills it for me. Oh well off to listen to my Zircons and HDS1's I guess it could be worse...

How excellent do the Monks sound compared to the Rock Zircon?  Too much bass for me, but the Zircon soundstage is really something for IEMs.  

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #1,809 of 7,442

How excellent do the Monks sound compared to the Rock Zircon?  Too much bass for me, but the Zircon soundstage is really something for IEMs.  

Tough to say as I never got the Monk's where I needed them to be for best sq. The Monk's sounded like they could have been a winner but as I said fit was the issue. The Zircons are good if you like exaggerated bass. I'll have to try the Monk's again and see if I can come up with something and I'd also like to try tip rolling again on the Zircon's to see if I can tame the bass a bit.

Feb 11, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #1,810 of 7,442
  Tough to say as I never got the Monk's where I needed them to be for best sq. The Monk's sounded like they could have been a winner but as I said fit was the issue. The Zircons are good if you like exaggerated bass. I'll have to try the Monk's again and see if I can come up with something and I'd also like to try tip rolling again on the Zircon's to see if I can tame the bass a bit.

I do have the Zircons aswell and I personally found bigger bore tips help reduce some of the bass, but since the Zircon has plenty of bass it's not that all of a sudden it will not have any 
cool.gif

also I happen to own the Monk too but simply can't compare them. not like one is better than the other, but it's more like apples to oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back