[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Dec 3, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #511 of 7,442
I guess B9Scrambler has it right. It's just too easy to abuse the aliexpress dispute/refund system, even with buyer protection increased to 60 days... people can't wait.

I hope there is going to be another way, maybe a good webshop out of China (don't wan to suggest names, but from the top of my head: gearbest and banggood tend to be reliable in most cases)

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #512 of 7,442
This is certainly disappointing.  

Btw I was just reading facebook about how Ostry used the name Nirvana for their earbud and Lee's ensuing rant about it because VE had planned to use that name for a future earbud.  I thought it was hilarious!  (Although I also feel for you.)

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #515 of 7,442
  i am not sure about the future of the monk

if u wanna know why u can find my post in our FB group

Cheers 

Lee

I'm joining the group to find out more, but this is truly a big bummer Lee. I really hope that things work out.

Edit: I see that yacobx quoted your facebook explanation above.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #516 of 7,442
Lee please don't let some idiots bring you down and prevent us from enjoying Monk. We support you and ready to help you with your business.

What about selling your products on Ebay or offer faster shipping options which I think some people wouldn't mind the extra cost? From my experience HongKong post registered airmail costs only a little more but comes way faster then aliexpress shipping method.

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #517 of 7,442
Thanks guys for your kind words ( especially those who went out of their way to email / pm me and post for us here)

We have decided that we will try and find a better way to sell our gears internationally other than AE

but till then , we will continue to sell via AE same as before for the same price.

with more detailed info on shipping cost and options and stuff.

I guess i could put aside my pride for the right cause, at least till I can find a better solution!

Cheers 

Lee

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #518 of 7,442
  Thanks guys for your kind words ( especially those who went out of their way to email / pm me and post for us here)

We have decided that we will try and find a better way to sell our gears internationally other than AE

but till then , we will continue to sell via AE same as before for the same price.

with more detailed info on shipping cost and options and stuff.

I guess i could put aside my pride for the right cause, at least till I can find a better solution!

Cheers 

Lee

Yeah man. You can't let some deuches put you down. Your work is incredible, i mean, the monk is an outstanding earbud, leagues ahead of many ieams that cost 20x or more as much, and i bet the asura, zen and duke are also excellent stuff. Can't let some random people on the net get in the way of all this. Heck, i need monks to convert my friends to the HI-FI world!

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #519 of 7,442
  Ordered 2 monks while back through Ali express..& I received a package with only 1 pair in it today. Is this normal?

plz simply msg me on Aliexpress or email me with your order number 

we will sort it out 

Cheers 

Lee

@ zhibli06 Same  here, i double checked and really ordered 2. Already contact VE on AE and http://eng.52ve.cn/contact.php. I know you are busy but would be cool if you could verify my order and what have been sent.

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #520 of 7,442
  Yeah man. You can't let some deuches put you down. Your work is incredible, i mean, the monk is an outstanding earbud, leagues ahead of many ieams that cost 20x or more as much, and i bet the asura, zen and duke are also excellent stuff. Can't let some random people on the net get in the way of all this. Heck, i need monks to convert my friends to the HI-FI world!

The parts in bold were perfectly stated!
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #521 of 7,442
These earbuds are most certainly damn fine products!!!

First of all a major shoutout to @jant71 - if it wasn't for him buying extra Monks and being generous enough to part with a set, I wouldn't have any! I've complained in this thread enough about my bank not letting an aliexpress purchase go thru :wink:

Initial impressions, listening to FLAC thru E-MU 0404 (same as Modi 2) to Project Polaris (mellow bandwidth, medium setting) makes me think of the Sony XB90EX signature right away. The highs and mids are a bit muddier and less detailed the XB90EX, and the bass isn't as powerful or detailed, but the very wide soundstage is there and for $5 vs $100 this is a very, very nice earbud!  Very nice and full bass - basshead approved $5 earbuds IMO! They respond to bass EQing pretty well! The sound is nice and full and very enjoyable. Definitely think I might prefer these to my PortaPros! The highs are a bit bright and sparkly for me but you can probably EQ it out. I could probably set my Polaris to the next cutoff filter and I'd be okay. All in all I'd grab these again for $5, these are some killer budget/beater phones no question,

Just wish I could find a way to kinda push them in more.

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #522 of 7,442
I'm very interested, Lee, these Monks - for what I can read - are one of the best earbuds at 5$.
I wanna try them and I will buy 3 of them!

The community of music listeners is ready to approve your work.

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #523 of 7,442
  I'm very interested, Lee, these Monks - for what I can read - are one of the best earbuds at 5$...and at many many times that price.

FTFY!

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #525 of 7,442
Did another quick a/b test with Baldoor/Mrice E100 on Fiio X3ii. I dont know whether it is brain burn in but E100 sounded very congested to me. They seem to have bass bleeding into the mids and overall frequencies. On E100 the midbass is really strong but after listening to Monk for so many hours I feel it Monk has better controlled bass. Mids are thicker on E100. Highs are almost similar or tad brighter on Monk but I'm loving it. Soundstage is really really wide with very good separation. Monk gives you the feeling of natural/ default sound.
Compared them with Takstar pro80 (I know the comparison is not fair enough) but apart from the details retrieval they both are very enjoyable. Bass is strikingly punchier on Monk.
Undoubtedly Monk are the new BUDGET KING. Im really loving them. Just hope they come up with better shell next time. For $7.50 there is no looking back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back