[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Apr 21, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #3,196 of 7,442
disagree. Impedance is high for phone. Cant power it
tongue.gif

Have you actually tried it with an iPhone - or are you just guessing (again)? They are only 64 ohm, and the sensitivity should be around 110-115 db/mW.  Both me actually powering with an iPhone and listening to them, and also basic math - suggests you're wrong.

Apr 21, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #3,197 of 7,442
Have you actually tried it with an iPhone - or are you just guessing (again)? They are only 64 ohm, and the sensitivity should be around 110-115 db/mW.  Both me actually powering with an iPhone and listening to them, and also basic math - suggests you're wrong.
i tried it.Regarding u say guessing again, pertaining to the previous debate, we had a discussion whether noble k10 or kz iem is superior. I have tried both and pretty sure the majority of the folks here will agree that the noble k10 is better than the kz iem. Period.

Apr 21, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #3,198 of 7,442

i tried it.thats for me. We have different ears

I am not sure which phone u r using, but Monk Plus is pretty o.k. with any decent cellphone.

disagree. Impedance is high for phone. Cant power it
tongue.gif

My wife's iphone 6s totally agreely with u lol

64ohm makes MP have more potential, but with a lot better magnet, it is ok to power it with any half - decent smart phone or coomputer

Cheers 

Lee

Apr 21, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #3,199 of 7,442
I am not sure which phone u r using, but Monk Plus is pretty o.k. with any decent cellphone.

64ohm makes MP have more potential, but with a lot better magnet, it is ok to power it with any half - decent smart phone or coomputer

Cheers 

Lee
perhaps i phrase wrongly or there is misunderstanding. Drive it to its fullest potential*.
Cheers Lee.

Apr 21, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #3,200 of 7,442

Cheers 

Lee

perhaps i phrase wrongly. Drive it to its fullest potential*.
Cheers Lee.

no phone can drive anything to its fullest potential.

cuz u have all kinds of external amps, dac, hi-end cable, power stuff waiting in line to make it better 

lol

cheers 

Lee

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #3,202 of 7,442
Are there significant differences among various phones and their ability to play hi-res audio and their playback quality?
There are significant differences between some of VIVO and Meizu, but is a separate issue not for this thread..
http://mobile.soomal.com/search/102/%E6%89%8B%E6%9C%BA+%E9%9F%B3%E8%B4%A8%E6%B5%8B%E8%AF%84%E6%8A%A5%E5%91%8A.htm

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #3,203 of 7,442
@audio123 One could argue a Chord Mojo won't be able to drive many things to their fullest, as there are better pieces out there like the Chord Hugo.  But then there's properly driving something, which is a different matter entirely.

But yeah, back on topic, I'm slightly worried the Monk+ won't play nicely with a Clip+ as I tend to use that at work due to ease of portability which it excels at.  If that's the case, I'll continue to bring my normal Monk to work, or maybe pick up the armband for Fiio M3 and use that.

Apr 21, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #3,205 of 7,442
@audio123
 One could argue a Chord Mojo won't be able to drive many things to their fullest, as there are better pieces out there like the Chord Hugo.  But then there's properly driving something, which is a different matter entirely.

But yeah, back on topic, I'm slightly worried the Monk+ won't play nicely with a Clip+ as I tend to use that at work due to ease of portability which it excels at.  If that's the case, I'll continue to bring my normal Monk to work, or maybe pick up the armband for Fiio M3 and use that.

Clip could drive both, it has quite a lot of power. Enough for all iems and earbuds.

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #3,206 of 7,442
Waynes my hero....he set me up on many a train...
...one train driver is here, Pataburd!!!!!! :)

Doubt the monk is clear enuf for u pata,
U shld move to up the foodchain to Zen2 :)

Lors,
'been railroad tie-walking lately.
Is the Zen 2 worth the trip?
pataburd
[STILL prefer the Mikros 90, but DO like the comfort and bang-for-the-buck of the Monks.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back