2019 Award Shows
Feb 11, 2019 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

ADUHF

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm neither pro nor con on The Grammys. Fwiw, I think awards shows in general are a bit silly. Sometimes they can shine a light on new artists or acts though, that you may not have heard before. So just wonderin if anyone saw the show. And if any artist or artists stood out to you.

I did not see the show, but enjoyed Ms. Parton's acceptance speech for her Musicare Award on YouTube. And the clips of her performance on the show. I'm not a huge country music fan. But I've always liked Ms. Parton's "country punk" style, and her music. And I also enjoyed seein Ms. Lipa take home a couple trophies. And the clips of host Alicia Keys displaying some of her musical virtuosity.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 26
Yes, enjoyed her participation in the show

Did you watch the entire show, blackdragon87? And is so, what did you think of some of the other acts.

I don't really understand why the Recording Academy does not just post the whole show, so people can stream it. Or at least clips of all the performances. I'll post a few of the legit clips I've been able to find though below. These are in no particular order. And I take no responsibility for the quality or lack thereof of some of the performances.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back