2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #136 of 693
@CraftyClown

Please run this idea past Mark (pedalhead) as he's the event organiser. As co-organiser I've no objection, notwithstanding there being enough space available to setup such tests, as do remember that highendheadphones (meet sponsor) will have a large 'retail' area. Also, don't underestimate how much personal equipment attendees bring with them, as this also requires a large amount of table space. Perhaps a test area could be setup in the 'Quiet Room', as this kind of thing necessitates contemplative listening.

@CraftyClown, if you're happy to own the logistics on the blind test setup then go for it. I've learned not to get bogged down in such details with meets as the day already flies past, and as organisers we of course have other commitments on the day. 

Thanks guys. I've not really thought about the logistics yet and ultimately it may not prove practical, however with your blessing I shall look into it a little more.

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #137 of 693
Hi all.  To get the imagination flowing a little, I thought you might like to see some photos I took of the venue
L3000.gif

Main hall (Carrington Suite). The wall on the right in the first pic is collapsible will be removed to provide a bigger main space...

The other side of the collapsible wall...

The quiet listening room (Whiting Suite)...

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #143 of 693
As a rich American is in the spotlight....
I would like to be in the Blake.. Carrington room...

Showing your age there :D

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #145 of 693
So merely linking to an Economist article about Trumps election victory gets the respective post deleted?!? What's the harm head-fi moderators? Moreover, why is it acceptable for Americans to voice their opinions about Brexit on this forum and not be censored, yet referencing an objective article in a well respected and apolitical journal gets the post removed without explanation?

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #146 of 693
So merely linking to an Economist article about Trumps election victory gets the respective post deleted?!? What's the harm head-fi moderators? Moreover, why is it acceptable for Americans to voice their opinions about Brexit on this forum and not be censored, yet referencing an objective article in a well respected and apolitical journal gets the post removed without explanation?

Seriously?? Not very cool

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #147 of 693
This is the article link that I posted - http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21709951-his-victory-threatens-old-certainties-about-america-and-its-role-world-what-will-take

Seriously?? Not very cool

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #149 of 693
Hi Mark & Andy.

As previously mentioned,the two of you are very brave to contemplate providing a 'quiet room' for Members pleasure!
As a Member who would be interested in this facility,will you be posting details of what products will be available for audition?
I would also be interested to learn how you intend to run and monitor this facility, not easy I suspect ??
Regards
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back