2017 Southeastern Michigan Head-fi.org Spring Meet: Paulson's Audio & Video
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2017 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

JEspina456

1000+ Head-Fier

The 2017 Southeastern Michigan Head-fi.org Spring Meet will be held at Paulson's Audio & Video in Farmington Hills this time.  This is an exciting, new location for us and we look forward to having another fun, successful get-together where we can check out some new gear, listen to great music and socialize.  
beyersmile.png

Sample products from AudioQuest, Bowers & Wilkins, and McIntosh.  The Grand Prize Give away will be a pair of Headphones from McIntosh, the MPHS1000 retailing at $2,000!!!!

Date:  Saturday, April 29, 2017
Time:  11am to 4pm
37670 West Twelve Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
Crossroads:  12 Mile Road and Halsted Road

@sealykojac got the ball rolling last year by suggesting a meet at Paulson's Audio & Video to Dan Paulson, the VP of Technical Sales.  They store was going through a huge remodeling project during the fall but is now ready for business!  I went and visited the store last week and it is beautiful  There is a very large space that will be utilized for the meet.  They also have several listening/demo areas to experience 2 channel, home theater, speakers and 4K TVs.  

Dan stated that they will provide refreshments during the event.  He is also going to invite vendors and possibly have give-aways as well. He is very excited to host our organization and open up the store to us.  Note:  The store will be open for regular business.  Please respect the customers who may come in!  

It should prove to be a great meet.  I am excited to see how people have upgraded their gear and also meet new faces.  

So....please start posting if you are coming and what gear you are bringing.  The lists will be continuously updated so please let me know if things change so we can have the most accurate count possible.  

Once again,  I look forward to organizing a great meet and seeing everybody soon.  

Oh, and just because we're having refreshments during the meet doesn't mean we can head out afterward....  
beerchug.gif

Thanks,

John 
JEspina456

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 85
CODE OF CONDUCT

1. During the weeks prior to the meet, if you plan to attend, please state:  Your head-fi.org name, Your real name, Your gear you are bringing and any questions you may have.  
2. At the meet, you would be required to provide a valid photo id when registering at the registration table. Your valid photo ID will be cross checked with the details provided prior to the meet.
3. You should bring an extension cord or power strip if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup). Don't forget to bring your source as well as amplification.
4. Please be careful and respect other members properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.
5. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be weary the floor will be littered with cable.
6. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all trash in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE also wash your hands if it is dirty before touching anything.
7. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) (Will be refused entry). Strong aftershave or deodorants are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.
8. No need to panic or spoil the mood (it's unlikely I'll run off with your $10k amp) - but leaving keys, wallets or expensive IEMs unattended might not be a good idea.
9. You must wear the name tag at all times.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 85
Reserved for attendees.

JEspina456 (John Espina)
Sealykojac (Sean)
canthearyou (Peter Pizzuro)
MrTie84 (Kevin Trudeau)
PETEREK (Brandon Peterek)
AdamK89 (Adam Keranen)
Turbo AL
AKGunkie
hikaritenchi (David)
JLoud (Jason Loudenbeck)
krikor
elrod-tom
updated
Euphonik
musicman59
darkfireblade25
sassywhat
Netherwind
edb (Changgong Zhou)
rayhe19 (Raymond)
Listen2 (Ken)
Homey-b
daddyo1973 (Dan)
wolflon
arabian

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 85
List of gear (This will be updated as responses are posted in this thread)

Headphones:
HEX
HD800
Audeze SINE with Cipher
B&W P7 Wireless
AudioQuest NightOwl
Monoprice Monolith M100
AKG N90QS
AKG 812
AKG 872
(Maybe) MrSpeakers Aeon
Audeze LCD-2
Focal Elear
AudioQuest NightHawk
Hifiman HE-560
Sennheiser HD-650
Beyer DT-990/600
Beyer DT 880/600
AKG K7XX
Koss PortaPro SE
Koss PortaPro Balanced
Fostex Purpleheart TH-X00
Audio Technica ATH-AD2000X
AKG K712 Pro (Austria)
Grado sr80
Audio Technica ATH-M50
Hifiman HE-400S
Hifiman HE-5LE
Hifiman HE-500
HD800 with SDR mod
Mr. Speaker's Alpha Prime
AKG K701
V-Moda M-100
Audio Technica R70x
Sony MDR-V6
ZMF Eikon
Audeze EL8C
Audeze EL8 titanium with cipher
Sony V6

DACs:
Schiit Yggdrasil
Schiit Mulitibit Modi
NuForce Dac80
HRT Streamer II
Wyred4Sound mPRE
Schiit Bifrost
Gustard u12
Gustard DAC x 12
Cayin N5
Music Hall 25.3
Schiit Bifrost Uber
SMSL M8
Music Audio Mini USB DAC
Questyle cma600i

Amps:
Schiit Ragnarok
Schiit Mjolnir
Schiit Vali 2
G1217 Project Ember V2
Schiit Jotunheim
Burson Soloist
Bottlehead Crack
Schiit Fulla
(Maybe) Altoid Tin DIYs
Schiit Asgard 2
Schiit Valhalla 2
Emotiva a100
Matrix M-Stage HPA3-B
(Maybe) iFi Micro iCAN SE amplifier
Fiio E17
Stello HP100
Fiio E10K
Meridian Explorer 2
O2 Amp
Audio-GD NFB-15
Schiit Lyr 2
Bravo V1
Topping NX1A

Other:
Schiit Wyrd
Cowon Plenue D
Burson Cable +
Surface Pro 4
iPad Pro

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #5 of 85
I suppose I'm obligated to attend. Thanks for putting this together John!

H: B&W P7 Wireless  |  AudioQuest NightOwl
D: Modi Multibit  |  NuForce Dac80 
A: Vali 2  |  G1217 Project Ember V2

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #8 of 85
I'll be there but I'm not sure what I'll be bringing. I've thinned down my inventory quite a bit since the last meet I was at. I'll try to put together some interesting things to bring along.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #11 of 85
[EDIT]:
I'm inI'm maybe In, might have a birthday party that same day

Got a lot of akgs I can bring depending on interest.
Big items are n90Qs, k812. K872

Schiit lyr2 and bifrost

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #12 of 85
I plan on coming.
Jloud  Jason Loudenbeck
Headphones:  possibly Mrspeakers Aeon(if they arrive in time), Audeze LCD-2, Focal Elear, Audioquest Nighthawk, Hifiman he560
Amps: Schiit Jotunheim, Burson Soloist
Dac: Schiit Modi Multibit

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #13 of 85
Would love to see some ZMF headphones, MrSpeakers, and Audeze LCD-3 and 4.  My wallet prays no one brings any.  My wife would also appreciate their absence!

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #14 of 85
I've been out of the mix for awhile, but looking to get back "in" ... I'll be there!

Cans: Senn HD650, Beyer DT990-600 and DT880-600, AKG K7XX, Koss PortaPro (1 stock and 1 wired for balanced)

Amps: Bottlehead Crack, Schiit Fulla and perhaps some Altoid tin DIY thingees

DAC: HRT Music Streamer II and Wyred4Sound mPRE

Looking forward to it!

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #15 of 85
It looks like I am available that weekend, and if so I'm there!  

I'll stop back later and update the equipment list....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back