2016 CanJam RMAF Impressions - Denver
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #226 of 240

It was worth it, huge improvement in both bass/texture and sound stage. The ether had more to give than I thought. Now I wonder how much further we can push it with even better setups?

Do you mind sharing which amp didn't go Well with Ether and which one sounded great. Thanks

Both were paired with the new Cavali tube amp prototype at Dan's booth. The difference was the DAC pairing. Unfortunately, I forgot to write down the name nor get a picture of the DAC. It was local to Dan and a prototype, but the price thru me off - think it was over $5K when it is launched. Having just heard the Spring DAC earlier that is priced at $2400 seemed to be the better deal and I think it had better SQ. Hard to tell in show conditions and with different amps. The Spring was tied to the GSX and the Blue Hawaii which I didn't like either previously given a different DAC pairing. The Spring made them sing. It would be interesting to hear the Spring with the Cavali prototype, but have not heard that pairing yet to compare.

I am sure Dan would be willing to share his preferred DAC name if you really wanted to know.

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #229 of 240
SHaG information will be posted soon. The wait isn't much longer! 
L3000.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #231 of 240
Both were paired with the new Cavali tube amp prototype at Dan's booth. The difference was the DAC pairing. Unfortunately, I forgot to write down the name nor get a picture of the DAC. It was local to Dan and a prototype, but the price thru me off - think it was over $5K when it is launched. Having just heard the Spring DAC earlier that is priced at $2400 seemed to be the better deal and I think it had better SQ. Hard to tell in show conditions and with different amps. The Spring was tied to the GSX and the Blue Hawaii which I didn't like either previously given a different DAC pairing. The Spring made them sing. It would be interesting to hear the Spring with the Cavali prototype, but have not heard that pairing yet to compare.

I am sure Dan would be willing to share his preferred DAC name if you really wanted to know.

The DAC you speak of is from Mojo Audio. Not sure of the model name, but if it's a $5k prototype, it must be replacing the Mystique V2 as their new flagship.

It did sound really, really good.

Nov 1, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #232 of 240
Without further ado, here are the winners of the 2016 CanJam @ RMAF Scavenger Hunt and Giveaway!

Winner IDPrize
ELLENVDarin Fong Audio Out Of Your Head license and all 27 speaker preset licenses
LEONARDLoBravo eamt-1c in-ear monitor
ALANFHolo Audio Titanis Turbo 300ma version
KENKOHTAstell&Kern AK XB10
CORBINMFostex TH-610
ANTHONYF1More Titanium Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone
ERICTJH Audio custom JH|16 PROv2
PRICEKUltrasone PRO550i
DALLISWRupert Neve Designs RNHP
YOUNGLSchiit Audio Jotunheim with DAC module
JAKEWV-MODA Zn
MIAOWestone W40
MICHAELKMeze 12 Classics IEM
ROBERTPAFocal Sphear
NADIMADFinal F7200
DAVEHAcoustic Research M2, leather case, and imedance adaptor
TYSONWEchobox Audio Finder X1 earphones
MATTHEWQ1 - 3ft Moon Audio Silver Dragon USB cable
MICHAELWAtomic Floyd SuperDarts Titanium
MATTHEWSHiFiMAN SuperMini
KEVINCCavalli Audio Liquid Carbon 2.0
ZACHARYWZMF Headphones Eikon
PATTIPEtymotic ER4XR
CHRISMClear Tune Monitors VS-2
VICTORMJDS Labs Element and RCA cables
BOBSRHA T20i
EVANCRHA MA750i
JANICESEMU Walnut
SERGIOCEMU Walnut
JAMESPEMU Teak
BENGKitsune HiFi 1.5M RCA 75ohm digital coax cable with carbon fiber connector and copper with rhodium

Congratulations to the winners!

Over the next several days, we will be contacting the winners via email so that we can get the necessary contact information from them, and pass it along to the companies who generously provided the awesome prizes for this year's SHaG!

If you want to see the drawing process, you can click here to watch the drawing.

Congratulations again to the winners, and we hope you enjoyed the 2016 CanJam @ RMAF Scavenger Hunt and Giveaway!

Nov 1, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #234 of 240

The DAC you speak of is from Mojo Audio. Not sure of the model name, but if it's a $5k prototype, it must be replacing the Mystique V2 as their new flagship.

It did sound really, really good.

Thanks Hansotek. The dac did sound really great and paired nicely with the Cavali prototype.

Nov 4, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #236 of 240
Nov 4, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #238 of 240
  Man, I never win. Conga-rats, everyone cheated.
wink_face.gif

That's okay Wata, it was clearly rigged from the beginning...all types of things are rigged these days...
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #240 of 240
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back