2016 Boulder/Denver CO Winter Meet (1/23) Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #16 of 19
  Would anyone be in for a small meet featuring just portable sources like cell phones and portable daps.  You bring your iems and test out lot of cell phone HP outs along with the assorted otg dac/amps perhaps.  This one area where I think exposure to lots of sources can be a good experience.  I know since I left the ipod world, cell phones have been good but variable.

I just changed phones and the tonal shift was pretty big

Should likely pull this off into the colorado group, but I'm up for something like this -- a purely mobile meet to see how my gear works with different phones, portable amps for my X5II, etc.

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #17 of 19
hmm, I missed the party
redface.gif
Steve, any chance of a summer meet this year?

Sorry, but I fully anticipate moving out of state this summer (tentatively by July/August if not sooner), so someone else should probably take up the task of organizing the local meets from now on. I'd offer to organize a spring meet, but my schedule for the next couple months is looking very busy.

All of the recent library locations have worked out very nicely including the latest one in Boulder (Meadows Branch), which was free (as in $0). The other two were also very affordable ($50/day for the Belmar Library in Arvada which was the August meet, and $10/hr for the Sam Gary Library in the Denver Stapleton area which was the June meet).

Jun 13, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #18 of 19
There is the idea of another meet in the Denver area. I am thinking about helping to organize it - but the idea was not from me :)

If you are interested you can tune in over here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809950/denver-summer-meet-2016

PHILIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back