2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9
Oct 17, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #991 of 1,050
Yeah, I wish I would've just skipped VSD2, VSD3, and VSD5. I could've just purchased VSD3S and VSD2S + ANV16 and put the money saved towards GR07BE.

#hindsight

I wish i would have never got any sub 50$ iem,just saved up to go for gr07 directly which i ultimately bought after trying many cheap buds.
But this hobby makes us too itchy in ur feet,,,,we just are unable to hold off to a new thing.

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #993 of 1,050
@sardar17: Now you're going to enrage any KZ Krazies reading this thread, lol
wink.gif

Well everyone is different,cost to benefit aside i stick with what i said.

But its a free society,do do as u please
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #994 of 1,050
Yes it is. I'm planning to do an AN16, GR07BE and Vivo XE800 comparison. My impression without direct comparison is that they're all equally enjoyable although different. If only time were cheaper :wink:

I am interested in the an16/07be comparison as I too very much enjoy the an16 and wonder how different the gr07 will be as a replacement if and when the time comes.

Oct 19, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #995 of 1,050
I am interested in the an16/07be comparison as I too very much enjoy the an16 and wonder how different the gr07 will be as a replacement if and when the time comes.

LOL, your post was enough for me to bring out the two :wink:

I won't have the time to this thorough now but here's some initial impressions/thoughts:

I couldn't help smiling for myself when I switched between thw two for the first time. The feeling is very similar to that of shifting between the CKR9's and 10's, you can clearly hear that they're siblings but despite of that the presentation is very different between them.

The BE's has a much more airy sound and an overall slightly brighter signature with better soundstage width. 

The AN16's on teh other hand has a much more intimate presentation with an fuller sound and better soundstage depth. 

Despite the AN16's being overall fuller the subbass extension on both is very similar.

Just like the CKR siblings they're much more complements to each other than direct competitors. 

I really couldn't say that one's more technically capable than the other but your prefernce, music, source and mood would be the deciding factor on which to choose. 

The XE800 is much more similar to the BE's but with a bit softer bass and ever so sligthly more recessed mids.

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #996 of 1,050
LOL, your post was enough for me to bring out the two :wink:

I won't have the time to this thorough now but here's some initial impressions/thoughts:

I couldn't help smiling for myself when I switched between thw two for the first time. The feeling is very similar to that of shifting between the CKR9's and 10's, you can clearly hear that they're siblings but despite of that the presentation is very different between them.

The BE's has a much more airy sound and an overall slightly brighter signature with better soundstage width. 

The AN16's on teh other hand has a much more intimate presentation with an fuller sound and better soundstage depth. 

Despite the AN16's being overall fuller the subbass extension on both is very similar.

Just like the CKR siblings they're much more complements to each other than direct competitors. 

I really couldn't say that one's more technically capable than the other but your prefernce, music, source and mood would be the deciding factor on which to choose. 

The XE800 is much more similar to the BE's but with a bit softer bass and ever so sligthly more recessed mids.

Thank you for your response. About what I thought considering the larger chamber behind driver on the gr07. One thing about the an16 is that they never venture into simbilance like is sometimes reported with the gr07. That would be my major concern, with the wider soundstage being a welcomed change, as that is the major weakness of the an16 for me. The biocell driver seems to be very musical regardless of application. Anyone know if the NVX EX10 have the biocell driver? It looks like a gr06/an16 clone.

Oct 19, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #997 of 1,050
Thank you for your response. About what I thought considering the larger chamber behind driver on the gr07. One thing about the an16 is that they never venture into simbilance like is sometimes reported with the gr07. That would be my major concern, with the wider soundstage being a welcomed change, as that is the major weakness of the an16 for me. The biocell driver seems to be very musical regardless of application. Anyone know if the NVX EX10 have the biocell driver? It looks like a gr06/an16 clone.

Yes I forgot to mention. The treble on the BE's are more prone to sibilance. I don't find it to be a problem for me and it's only there if it's in the recording but I can understand others having a problem with it. Despite the AN16 being smoother in the treble it doesn't feel particularly rolled off or lacking in detail.

Iirc the EX10 is indeed a rebranded GR06.

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #998 of 1,050
So VSonic's CEO has been quiet for quite some months but we finally have some new info. Vsonic should be launching more than 5 new models before the end of the year and according to him at least 4 of them will be at higher level than gr07 with pricing from around $190 up to $20k+

Don't know which model is that. Looks like a gr07 with diamond-like housing similar to vsd3 and vsd5.

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #999 of 1,050
So VSonic's CEO has been quiet for quite some months but we finally have some new info. Vsonic should be launching more than 5 new models before the end of the year and according to him at least 4 of them will be at higher level than gr07 with pricing from around $190 up to $20k+

Don't know which model is that. Looks like a gr07 with diamond-like housing similar to vsd3 and vsd5.

Seems that whatever model that may be it'll include a mic, which would be a first for VSonic.

Oct 19, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,001 of 1,050
Seems that whatever model that may be it'll include a mic, which would be a first for VSonic.

Well, apparently, they've also been working on the Smartisan S1000 headset for the new Smartisan phone.
Anyway, given that 99% of the people are listening to music on their phones Vsonic is not wrong to think that most of the potential buyers will welcome a mic.

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #1,002 of 1,050

Dayyum............just when i thought about saving some money
mad.gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #1,003 of 1,050
  Well, apparently, they've also been working on the Smartisan S1000 headset for the new Smartisan phone.
Anyway, given that 99% of the people are listening to music on their phones Vsonic is not wrong to think that most of the potential buyers will welcome a mic.

Mic will be a deal breaker for me,,i somehow hate those things.Hope we have mic-less model too.

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #1,005 of 1,050

$20k+? Didn't think there were in-ears that expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back