2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9
Apr 25, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #813 of 1,050
I was ready to call it quits with VSonic before receiving the AN16. GR07BE, VSD1, VSD3 had that unbearable sibilance that just pierces the eardrums. VSD1S and AN16 are the only 2 I like of my recent purchase from them(Will not be opening VSD2S as it will be a gift).
AN16's recessed yet present treble is right below my tolerable sibilance level.

In terms of tips, I have settled on gray Phonak Audeo mediums for the left and the stock large for the right. I have weird shaped ear canals. No discernible sound imbalance having tips from the two brands.

My faith in VSonics have been renewed.

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #814 of 1,050
I notice the cable cinch is very hard to move on the AN16. Like the cable is a little thicker than the hole diameter on the cinch. I was wondering if you guys also have this situation. And maybe the cable sheath got dislodged from the y-split while moving the cinch.

I have the same issue, though on my old GR06, which has the same cable, the cinch moves just fine.

My "solution" was to carefully move it to a good spot and leave it there. Since some people have had build quality issues around the y-split, I avoided straining the y-split by firmly pinching the cord while I moved the cinch.

Apr 25, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #816 of 1,050
I live in Sweden but I used DHL express and after the first failed delivery, they left a slip in my mailbox that I could sign with relevant info and leave on the door. Then I could go to a DHL page, enter the tracking number and select a new day for a 2nd delivery attempt. On that day, they showed up and accepted my signed slip that I taped on my apartment door as a valid signature. I instructed them to leave the parcel in the mailbox if there was enough room. Hey presto.

If you used regular DHL delivery, and live in the US, not sure how it works there. :/

EDIT: To clarify, atleast when it came to Express shipping, it required a signature. In the past, when I haven't gotten a premade slip from the shipping company, I've been able to tape a self-made paper to the door where you just write that parcel with no. xxxxxxxxx from DHL/FedEX/etc is OK to leave outside the door/in the mailbox/etc, and that you accept the responsibility for it and know the potential risk of them not handing it to you directly. Leave your signature and the date, tape to the door. Usually when you get home the next day (assuming they try a few delivery attempts over consequtive days), the paper is collected as proof of signature, and the parcel is left where you specified.

I suppose in some areas or situations they may not leave it if there is a high risk for theft. You may have to call them in that case and see what can be arranged. If you can get to wherever the closest delivery facility is, they may be able to hold it until you can get there to pick it up in person. Which can be a hassle if they are open from 9-6 weekdays or similar.

Apr 25, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #818 of 1,050
  Hey guys, so according to my tracking number, they attempted to deliver my order yesterday. Does that mean I have to sign for the package in order to get it? I don't know of any DHL offices in my area.

Did you get the USPS pink slip? I missed my package(they usually just leave it there without any signing) but set it to redeliver next day online. the tracking/article number you could use is the RX######### one. it works in usps 

Apr 25, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #819 of 1,050
Hey guys, so according to my tracking number, they attempted to deliver my order yesterday. Does that mean I have to sign for the package in order to get it? I don't know of any DHL offices in my area.
Don't know if this will help but Dhl told me to leave a note with the tracking number by your mailbox stating if you are not there to leave package anyway.

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #823 of 1,050
Appreciating AN16 more as I listen
smily_headphones1.gif

Tried both VS2DS and AN16 from a friend who bought it .....really best buy of the year .....amazing !

Apr 27, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #824 of 1,050
  LMUE confirmed that the GR07C used the same biocellulose drivers as before. IIRC, the GR07BE was discontinued but then VSonic brought it back sometime later, so they probably have a lot of these drivers in stock. Some people (including me) think that's why VSonic included the AN16 with VSD2/S pre-orders, to clear excess GR06 shells and GR07 drivers. I don't really know why else they would randomly come out with a 16th anniversary model when I never heard of a 5th, 10th or 15th anniversary model.

I really don't know either. My guess is they got a cancelled order from a customer and decided to make the best of it by printing the double 8 logo and label it as anniversary edition. Maybe Vsonic was producing for another company like they already did for Vivo, putting GR07's drivers into VSD1 shells? We will most likely never know...

Apr 27, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #825 of 1,050
EQing down the 5,6 and 8kHz by 3 and 4,5dB respectively really makes the VSDS2 (with foam tips) more enjoyable. Without the EQ, they just sound very harsh and unnatural in the treble. There is still some "hardness" to the sound, but given the price, it's definitely okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back