2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9
Apr 24, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #800 of 1,050
  Do the AN16 contain the biocellulose driver? I thought they got rid of those in the newer versions of the GR07.

LMUE confirmed that the GR07C used the same biocellulose drivers as before. IIRC, the GR07BE was discontinued but then VSonic brought it back sometime later, so they probably have a lot of these drivers in stock. Some people (including me) think that's why VSonic included the AN16 with VSD2/S pre-orders, to clear excess GR06 shells and GR07 drivers. I don't really know why else they would randomly come out with a 16th anniversary model when I never heard of a 5th, 10th or 15th anniversary model.

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #802 of 1,050
Maybe I'm wrong about them being biocell drivers. Can anyone confirm?

Maybe 16 years has some significance in the East that it doesn't in the west?

You are right! AN16 has the B-C drivers just like GR07's last iteration CE.....

edit=> and it cld be like @ayao quoted about the 16th ANV......

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #803 of 1,050
Maybe I'm wrong about them being biocell drivers. Can anyone confirm?

Maybe 16 years has some significance in the East that it doesn't in the west?

16. That's double 8. It's double lucky!

Really happy to have the An16. Find it strange how it's being compared to the iem it was bundled with. It shouldn't be. It's just a way that Vsonic has of saying thanks to its costumers and giving us what they think is a good iem.

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #804 of 1,050
16. That's double 8. It's double lucky!

Really happy to have the An16. Find it strange how it's being compared to the iem it was bundled with. It shouldn't be. It's just a way that Vsonic has of saying thanks to its costumers and giving us what they think is a good iem.

See, I just knew 16 meant something!

And yes, comparing AN16 to VSD2 or 2S is like apples and oranges.

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #805 of 1,050
Wow, this is so confusing. Mine arrived! Despite Post tracking saying they are getting returned.

Anyhow, here some VERY first impressions:

Both fit very well. 

The VSDS2 is good, but has a hard/harshness in the treble. Doesn't seem too sensitive to tip rolling to me. 
The AN16 is a bit bass shy (for me, used to Fidelio X2), but very smooth and enjoyable. Needs foam tips.

Also, my AN16 cable looks perfect.

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #806 of 1,050
blink.gif

You and I must've gotten different VSD2S...

We don´t have the same ears :)

Apr 25, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #807 of 1,050
I notice the cable cinch is very hard to move on the AN16. Like the cable is a little thicker than the hole diameter on the cinch. I was wondering if you guys also have this situation. And maybe the cable sheath got dislodged from the y-split while moving the cinch.

Apr 25, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #808 of 1,050
I notice the cable cinch is very hard to move on the AN16. Like the cable is a little thicker than the hole diameter on the cinch. I was wondering if you guys also have this situation. And maybe the cable sheath got dislodged from the y-split while moving the cinch.

I can move that thing very well without this problem.

Apr 25, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #809 of 1,050

Same for me, the cable seems ever so slightly too big for the cinch, i've gotten in into a good general position where it will stay.

Apr 25, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #810 of 1,050
I much prefer that over the cinch being able to slide down the cables once you think you have it secured.

I'm pretty fond of the AN16 so far. Haven't listened to the VSD2S much but it sounds a bit v-shaped to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back