2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9
Apr 24, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #786 of 1,050
I've noticed that the VSD2S produces more static--particularly high-pitched static--than my other earphones when it's hooked up to a low quality source.

If I'm listening on my Clip Zip, it's beautifully silent. But when I'm listening on my laptop, there's noticeably more noise than with my other earphones. And listening on my phone creates such shrill static that, after about ten minutes, it's unbearable.

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #787 of 1,050
  I've noticed that the VSD2S produces more static--particularly high-pitched static--than my other earphones when it's hooked up to a low quality source.

If I'm listening on my Clip Zip, it's beautifully silent. But when I'm listening on my laptop, there's noticeably more noise than with my other earphones. And listening on my phone creates such shrill static that, after about ten minutes, it's unbearable.

They are very easy to drive, same with the vsd5...you need a really black source to not pick up the background noise. 

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #788 of 1,050

They are very easy to drive, same with the vsd5...you need a really black source to not pick up the background noise. 

It has a 40Ω impedence. Is that really so low?

The AN16's impedence is scarcely higher at 45Ω, yet it doesn't yield nearly as much static, and the static it does have isn't high-pitched.

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #789 of 1,050
It has a 40Ω impedence. Is that really so low?

The AN16's impedence is scarcely higher at 45Ω, yet it doesn't yield nearly as much static, and the static it does have isn't high-pitched.

There is a tizzy treble spike on the vsd2s that is not found on the an16. Cymbals and tambourines are more natural on the an16 because of this difference.
I think the vsd2s is more suitable for electronic/edm because of this. This might account for the increase static/higher noise floor.

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #791 of 1,050
There is a tizzy treble spike on the vsd2s that is not found on the an16. Cymbals and tambourines are more natural on the an16 because of this difference.
I think the vsd2s is more suitable for electronic/edm because of this. This might account for the increase static/higher noise floor.
I feel the same about the vsd2s. You think the vsd2 is tuned the same way? It's supposed to have more bass, if the treble was tamed they could be nice.

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #792 of 1,050
I feel the same about the vsd2s. You think the vsd2 is tuned the same way? It's supposed to have more bass, if the treble was tamed they could be nice.

I got both and have been listening to them today. It's no quick A/B, though - just listening to a few songs with one and switching to the other. So take this with a grain of salt...

Similar differences as with VSD3 and 3S to my ears. VSD2 has more mid and upper bass and not as much treble energy but still has a bit of sibilance. VSD2S has leaner / tighter sounding bass, more energetic treble which seems to make sibilance less prominent for me.

I need to do some swapping between AN16, VDS2S, VSD3S, and VSD5 sometime soon to get a better feel for what each brings to the table...

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #793 of 1,050

If you remove the treble from the vsd2s there would not be much left to listen to. But i guess some are more sensitive to treble then others. I think it´s one of the best vsonic iems i have listened to. My tip to you is to stay far away from the vsd5.. You will hate how they sound :)

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #794 of 1,050
If you remove the treble from the vsd2s there would not be much left to listen to. But i guess some are more sensitive to treble then others. I think it´s one of the best vsonic iems i have listened to. My tip to you is to stay far away from the vsd5.. You will hate how they sound :)

:blink:

You and I must've gotten different VSD2S...

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #795 of 1,050
Sent out my an16 back to lmue today. Giving the vsd2s a decent listen now with spin tips. Certainly they remind me of the vsd5 though not as warm. Originally ordered the vsd2s for the an16 but the vsd2s are certainly not a disappointment and perform very well. Also this cable on them is pretty nice.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back