2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9
Apr 20, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #679 of 1,050

I'm on the west coast, though, so mine came over the Pacific instead of getting routed through Germany. It's interesting that both of our packages arrived in Canada on the same day, despite yours travelling a much longer distance.

Turns out I was mistaken. DHL's tracking only mentions Singapore and Canada, but I just checked Canada Post's tracking, and it says my package has gone through Germany and Mississauga. I guess almost all orders were routed through Germany, even if that meant going the looooooong way around the globe.

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #680 of 1,050

Turns out I was mistaken. DHL's tracking only mentions Singapore and Canada, but I just checked Canada Post's tracking, and it says my package has gone through Germany and Mississauga. I guess almost all orders were routed through Germany, even if that meant going the looooooong way around the globe.

Well, might have depended on the flight plans. The EU buyers also wait for the packages to go through Germany even though more than half of Europe is East of Germany. I have to admit that the new way of shipping is consistently slower than the standard Singpost shipping LMUE used before. Waiting time used to be about 4-10 days after ordering and now it's about 2 weeks after dispatching.

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #681 of 1,050
Apr 20, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #682 of 1,050
My USPS shipping shows Germany too...and yet my friend who's on the same campus got them today. 

mad.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #683 of 1,050
So I guess DHL has some sort of low cost standby shipping and that's what this is? They just fill in any gaps of outgoing planes with stuff? That's the only reason I can think of for this kind of random movement for packages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back