2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9
Apr 18, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #646 of 1,050
  So, this DHL Global Packet goes the P.O. then to us, correct?? Not that happy as all my previous LMUE orders have gotten here by now. Maybe an outside chance mine show up today. Don't begrudge them as they give us a good price and if they found a shipping deal that save them some $$ then that is fine. Things change as transport costs increase and free shipping will be even slower. Been a while, did the older tracking work for LMUE's free shipping?? Don't remember that well but this one, it seems, is useless :)

The new options is definitely slower but LMUE probably has its reasons for it. I've received stuff from LMUE in 4-5 days before but pretty much anything under 15 days is fine with the new shipping, especially for EU as the packages pass through a sorting facility and change their tracking number, which of course makes tracking useless but probably saves a bunch a people from paying taxes not that I've ever paid taxes for anything from LMUE sent by Singpost before.

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #647 of 1,050
I don't really mind the speed of the shipping, I just don't really know where my package is at this point.

DHL shows my package having left singapore and nothing else. USPS shows my package in germany for some reason. I'm in the states, so it doesn't make any sense to ship through all of asia and then through europe.

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #648 of 1,050
Mines arrived in the UK.

Initial impressions are: VSD2S are too bright for me at this point.

An16: very layered and detailed. A small touch of siblance. Mids sound a touch recessed at this point? My two main listens prior to this are Jays q-jays and AT CMK99. There is a chance that in comparison to Cmk99 they may be a bit "boring" (not as coloured) - but for the money...wowwow. I've always wanted to try the gr07, but couldn't justify it. If these improve with burn in (or brain burn in) then they will be my go to iems as they aeem track neutral. This is out of my LG G2.D-Jix M550 next!

Apr 18, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #649 of 1,050
  I don't really mind the speed of the shipping, I just don't really know where my package is at this point.

DHL shows my package having left singapore and nothing else. USPS shows my package in germany for some reason. I'm in the states, so it doesn't make any sense to ship through all of asia and then through europe.

Probably a tracking error but could be a shipping mistake. I personally have become very patient throughout the years, especially after waiting for more than 2 months on several occasions, so I usually don't get too worried until a month has passed, which has never happened with LMUE btw. I do feel for the people literally waiting on a package so they can get back into music though as while if something breaks a lot of us can just grab something else from their inventory I know there are people who literally are waiting for a replacement for their broken or lost gear and are left hanging if there is a delay.

Apr 18, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #650 of 1,050
I've got a pick up note in my mailbox today but when I went to the post office to pick them up they were not there yet (this happens from time to time, they'll be there Monday) but what I did notice is that the tracking number was indeed changed just as @kova4a mentioned and the DHL tracking still just show shipped from Singapore.

Conclusion: the DHL tracking is not very reliable on these shipments.

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #652 of 1,050

It does make sense to go through Germany, it's a flight straight from Singapore to Germany. There would be a lot of orders of the same item to Europe and North America so it would cost them less to send them through that route. Also, DHL's main sorting facility for international orders is probably in Germany so all packages go there. Once the package has gone through the sorting facility, it then goes on different flights to their respective countries.

The description in tracking does seem a bit weird though (as seen in the second date). Here's what it says for me:

It should be in Canada by now so it's only a matter of time till it arrives at my house.

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #653 of 1,050
It does make sense to go through Germany, it's a flight straight from Singapore to Germany. There would be a lot of orders of the same item to Europe and North America so it would cost them less to send them through that route. Also, DHL's main sorting facility for international orders is probably in Germany so all packages go there. Once the package has gone through the sorting facility, it then goes on different flights to their respective countries.

The description in tracking does seem a bit weird though (as seen in the second date). Here's what it says for me:

It should be in Canada by now so it's only a matter of time till it arrives at my house.

Mine has been here in Canada since the 15th. I haven't received it though.

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #654 of 1,050

Mine has been here in Canada since the 15th. I haven't received it though.

Mine too.

I'm on the west coast, though, so mine came over the Pacific instead of getting routed through Germany. It's interesting that both of our packages arrived in Canada on the same day, despite yours travelling a much longer distance.

I ordered a GR07 from LMUE in January, and that package was delivered 12 days (8 business days) after its "arrival at inward office of exchange". So I expect to get my VSD2S and AN16 around the 27th.

EDIT: Turns out my package actually was routed through Germany, as I explain here.

Apr 19, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #656 of 1,050
Those tracking results seem interesting. The 8th to the15th is good. Mine says accepted in Germany on the 8th and also the 9th and not until the 16th does it says it is processed through that facility. Doesn't say that it has left there yet. Nice, if accurate, some packages get to North America by the15th and others just spend the week hanging out I guess. 5AM on the 9th to to 6:30 AM on the 16th till processed in that facility in Germany.  So, a nice 8th(original acceptance) through the 20th(earliest it can leave) till it leaves Germany. They are still only "preparing" it to be shipped out atm :) Lucky if it comes by the end of the month.

Apr 19, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #657 of 1,050
Vsd2 and an16 received. First impression of the vsd2 is like it's the baby brother of the VSD5.. But less refined in terms of controlling is sibliance.... Which is annoying.

The an16 is a different kettle of fish. Have only auditioned a gr07...but sounds similar to what I remember of that.

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #658 of 1,050
Not sure if it has been asked before but how does the sound [of the AN16] compare to the Havi B3? I realise I keep asking this question.. but that's because so far I have just barely managed to keep my wallet somewhat safe. 
redface.gif

Edit: asking about AN16

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #659 of 1,050
Not sure if it has been asked before but how does the sound compare to the Havi B3? I realise I keep asking this question.. but that's because so far I have just barely managed to keep my wallet somewhat safe. :xf_eek:

How does what compare to B3P1? AN16? VSD2? VSD2S? VSD5?

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #660 of 1,050
How does what compare to B3P1? AN16? VSD2? VSD2S? VSD5?

Oops I kept thinking about AN16 in my head but didn't type it out. 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back