2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9
Apr 8, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #466 of 1,050
  Confirmation : I got both VSD2S and AN-16 in the mail just now (yay for fast intra-singapore deliveries). Pictures soon.

Sound impressions by tomorrow hopefully. Gonna burn them in for the next 20 hours or so before I try them.

so what are the stock tips from AN16? just standard 3-4 pairs or like GR06's colored foam stuffed ones too? btw,Welcome to head-fi!......

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #467 of 1,050
  Confirmation : I got both VSD2S and AN-16 in the mail just now (yay for fast intra-singapore deliveries). Pictures soon.

Sound impressions by tomorrow hopefully. Gonna burn them in for 20 hours or so before I try them.

Tell me about the AN16.

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #468 of 1,050
Just received them too! 

Opened the AN16 immediately. Standard 3 silicon tips, 1 pair of foamies, 1 medium size double flange. Ear guides and a cloth pouch.

Upon listening, doesnt seem to have the sibilance of gr07 although i must say i had that pair about 2 years ago before the cables died. An16 has approximately the same sig as gr07 IIRC such as the soundstage width, those dry vocals. cant compare bass as it is extremely unrefined now but i just came from havi b3, burn in hopefully will cure my ears. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #469 of 1,050
  Just received them too! 

Opened the AN16 immediately. Standard 3 silicon tips, 1 pair of foamies, 1 medium size double flange. Ear guides and a cloth pouch.

Upon listening, doesnt seem to have the sibilance of gr07 although i must say i had that pair about 2 years ago before the cables died. An16 has approximately the same sig as gr07 IIRC such as the soundstage width, those dry vocals. cant compare bass as it is extremely unrefined now but i just came from havi b3, burn in hopefully will cure my ears. 

Thanks for the update....dono why some guys hid behind the bush when asked the same question
wink_face.gif
.....lol

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #472 of 1,050

Thanks for the update....dono why some guys hid behind the bush when asked the same question
wink_face.gif
.....lol

lmao! yeah, they are under my radar......
wink.gif

Not hiding. Just got work to do at the office, man.

Yes, like the guy said, it comes with 3 silicone, 1 foam and 1 biflage pairs.

Pictures :

http://i.imgur.com/Mw590Cw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/REBji5O.jpg

Also noticed that the cables that they're using still have the "R06" marking at the Y junction, so safe to assume they're using the same cable as the GR06.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #473 of 1,050

Not hiding. Just got work to do at the office, man.

Yes, like the guy said, it comes with 3 silicone, 1 foam and 1 biflage pairs.

Pictures :

http://i.imgur.com/Mw590Cw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/REBji5O.jpg

Also noticed that the cables that they're using still have the "R06" marking at the Y junction, so safe to assume they're using the same cable as the GR06.

Sound??

Please compare with vsd2s/vsd2 to elaborate properly especially the bass and clarity.

Thanks.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #475 of 1,050

Sound??

Please compare with vsd2s/vsd2 to elaborate properly especially the bass and clarity.

Thanks.

I'll only have time to do a proper comparison once I get back home (in about 4 hours). Right now I only have my laptop and Spotify to listen to music with.

I listened to a couple of songs on the AN16 just now. My initial impression is that the sound signature is like GR07 with (considerably) worse mids.

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #478 of 1,050

I'll only have time to do a proper comparison once I get back home (in about 4 hours). Right now I only have my laptop and Spotify to listen to music with.

I listened to a couple of songs on the AN16 just now. My initial impression is that the sound signature is like GR07 with (considerably) worse mids.

yes thats what i thought too. It seems the mids are a tiny bit recessed but then i came from havi's slightly forward mids. Maybe the mid-bass is abit forward too on the an16. if it follow gr07 drivers accurately, probably needs a 200-300hrs burn in iirc?

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #480 of 1,050

Damn that sucks..............death to vsonic
deadhorse.gif

Its time they come with something new apart from reshuffling the same drivers,shells,shapes and wires.

Other brands are catching up fast on high end market and gr07 which was once unbeatable in 200$ is a doubtful buy at even 100$ now.
They better hurry up,disappointed.

But i do hope ur initial impressions change with source and maybe brain burn in.Thanks for ur effort though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back