2015 Melbourne Meet (28/04/15)
Apr 21, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #121 of 153
  Hi guys, I have what may prove to be a premature interest check...

I am contemplating selling my LCD-2s and heavily upgraded Bottlehead S.E.X. amp. I am not completely sure if I can bring myself to part with these 2 yet, but I thought I'd see if anyone was particularly interested...

What are you upgrading to if you sell that combo if you don't mind me asking?

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #122 of 153
  What are you upgrading to if you sell that combo if you don't mind me asking?

I would be sacrificing my secondary / planar setup and living with 'just' the Mainline / HD800 combo. This would be a sale in the name of a camera upgrade and I wouldn't do it for any other reason because I love that combo - it's my relax and rock-out setup :wink:

Apr 22, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #125 of 153
I would be sacrificing my secondary / planar setup and living with 'just' the Mainline / HD800 combo. This would be a sale in the name of a camera upgrade and I wouldn't do it for any other reason because I love that combo - it's my relax and rock-out setup :wink:

I would so love to get into camera/photography but having audio/headphones being such an expensive hobbie. I don't think I can afford camera at the moment. Don't want to part with any of my gears to fund it either for the time being. Will avoid jumping in the rabbit hole :)

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #126 of 153
So, decision time, folks... This Tuesday coming or the one after? (Or any major objections)

Billy suggested possibly grabbing a bite to eat around 6:30 for those there early and then kicking off around 7:30-10:30 or thereabouts. Obviously people can come and go as per usual - we're not locking any doors (except if we're out for food) :wink:

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #130 of 153
Agree.

Sounds like Tuesday 28th April it is. @lin0003, can you update the first post and title of the thread to show that date to avoid potential confusion? We've thrown around a lot of options this time.

The final details seem to be:

Tuesday 28th April
Arriving by 6:30pm if you want to grab a bite to eat (which means there'll be no access to Noisy Motel between 6:30 and 7:15-7:30)
Actual meet starts at 7:30 and goes till 10:30 with people free to come and go as they can

How does all that sound?

For the record, I will bring:

1. Bottlehead Mainline
  2. Bottlehead S.E.X.
  3. iFi iCAN
  4. iFi iDAC
  5. HUM Pervasion
  6. Shure SE846

I can bring Matrix X-Sabre (Billy stocks this so probably redundant), Sennheiser HD800 (also stocked by Billy), and Audeze LCD-2s if anyone's interested. I won't bring these unless asked though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back