2015 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange "Whatcha Get"
Dec 5, 2015 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

lord_tris

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey headfi'ers post here what you got. Pictures are most welcomed and encouraged. 

Here is what I got from my First partner in crime!!

Well one of you participants partner did not respond. So instead of leaving him out I also got him something as well. Here is what I got from him!!

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 20
I'm super excited! 
atsmile.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 20
I guess I'll be the first to say that I got three blast from the past CDs from sbradley02:
Thomas Dolby's Golden Age of Wireless
Devo's Freedom of Choices
Tomita's Snowflakes Are Dancing <--  WOOHOO!!!!

Thank you!

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #7 of 20
I guess I'll be the first to say that I got three blast from the past CDs from [COLOR=2F4F4F]sbradley02[/COLOR]:
Thomas Dolby's Golden Age of Wireless
Devo's Freedom of Choices
Tomita's Snowflakes Are Dancing <--  [COLOR=800080]WOOHOO!!!![/COLOR]

Thank you!

I love my Thomas Dolby and I'm thinking I may need to revisit Devo. Great gift.

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #8 of 20
bearFNF In all the previous years doing the exchange, I never had them all gift wrapped before. I feel bad I sent mine without wrapping so I'm going to send another one done right. Excellent choices by Bearfnf, 2 of them from a wish list and two of his own choosing (one cd is still en route).

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #10 of 20

Nice!  Florence has a great pair of lungs on her!

I only have her latest album which is when I started listening to her, this is sort of a backtrack into her catalog. Saw her live last month too, amazing live performance and she actually cared about SQ running all the way to next to the sound engineer, taking her CIEMs off and performing from the sound board!

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #11 of 20
@Soundsgoodtome sent me four CD's.
Thank you.
Art Pepper Meets the Rythym Section
Adele 21
Infected Mushrooms Converting Vegetarians II
Glass Animals ZABA
All sound very nice.

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #12 of 20
After some back and forth of CD ideas with Jazzi my exchange partner, we realized that we both liked high res downloads from HDTracks.com so we exchanged gift certificates.  I bought Alabama Shakes Sound and Color which was one of the proposed CD's.  Another successful holiday swap!

Dec 14, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #13 of 20
I had a great time exchanging ideas with my exchange partner, mbritt.  As he reported, we exchanged HDtracks gift certificates.  Amazing, he new exactly what I wanted. 
blink.gif

I'm very much enjoying Hommage A Eberhard Weber, something I've been looking forward to.

A great Holiday Gift Exchange.  Thanks, mbritt!

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #14 of 20
  After some back and forth of CD ideas with Jazzi my exchange partner, we realized that we both liked high res downloads from HDTracks.com so we exchanged gift certificates.  I bought Alabama Shakes Sound and Color which was one of the proposed CD's.  Another successful holiday swap!

Nice.  Alabama Shakes is one I discovered for myself a few months back.  Took me a few times through, but the more I listen to them the more I like them.  Hope you enjoy them too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back