2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave Impressions
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2015 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

The Dan of Steel

100+ Head-Fier
Just starting this thread now for tomorrow's meet! Very exciting. I'm going to attempt to take some pics but please post em if you got em!

Jul 31, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #2 of 21
  Just starting this thread now for tomorrow's meet! Very exciting. I'm going to attempt to take some pics but please post em if you got em!

We have a professional photographer on staff that will be in attendance as well! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 1, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 21
Wow folks this was a great meet I think! Thank you everyone for coming out and bringing your stuff! I wish I got to see/hear more of it. Thank you to @livesoundwave for hosting again, special thanks to Jim, Catherine, and Kelsey! Can't wait to do this again.

The highlight of my day was getting to meet all of you and being able to put faces to handles and then real names to go with them. I got to hear a some things I will never own and a couple I have to narrow down for a future purchase. Audeze I think may have been the big winner of the day with a lot of on ear time around the room. 

I know that LSW will be posting some pics after some post processing but please post em if you got em. I did not get a chance to take any real good ones unfortunately.

Aug 2, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 21
Awesome meet and venue! Thanks to the LiveSoundWave team for hosting and for their hospitality; and thanks to Dan and the others involved in making this meet happen! It was nice to try out different gear, but the highlight was definitely meeting everyone and sharing in this wonderful hobby. Just a lot of good people and good times; let's do this again!!

Aug 2, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #5 of 21
Hey all, this is Mike (aka HiFi59 Jr, aka Mike 3 at the meet, aka the bald guy!) What a great time, great products, great hosts, and great people. LiveSoundwave is so professional and friendly. Really was worth the Saturday to attend. Besides, if I hadn't, I would have never discovered the amazing combo of the Fostex TH900's with the new Audeze Deckard amp. They were purchased (for a great deal from LSW!) and now resting comfortably at home next to my turntable. :)

Aug 2, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #6 of 21
Awesome meet. Those Fostex were a big surprise to me too. I didn't listen to that amp combo but I did listen on my WA7s and they were way better than I thought they would be. Good score! I picked up the LCD-X for a great deal and can't wait for them to come in. The combo that surprised me even more was the Mcintosh MHA100/MPH1000 combo, they sounded awesome together.

Aug 2, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #7 of 21
Oh and I wanted to also thank Mike from Final Audio www.finalaudiousa.com for being there with their line up! I didn't get a chance to check them out, hopefully next time. Good to know that they have a presence here in the US and that they are located right there in Orlando.

Aug 2, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #8 of 21

Thanks to everyone that kicked this meet in the arse!! Lots of stuff now on my wish list. Sweetsdream Woo knocked it out of the park. Mike Srs centrancehifi8 pumped into the fostex 900 just as good. Here is the sexy combo of the day AkJr and the Oppo ha2. Jacked up in the Audeze lcd-x. Perfect. Recap: fostex 900 Audeze lcd-x and the Westo w60 in that order.  It  was great meeting everyone and I learned a lot. Cant wait for the next meet.

Aug 2, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #9 of 21
Folks, I joined this community after "skulking" around Head-Fi for at least a year specifically because of this meet, and I was delighted - LiveSoundWave as hosts were kind and responsive and offered great deals (teeth grit, timing bad for my wallet).  Even better, the Head-Fi community were welcoming, generous with thoughts and even more with your gear.  Listened a lot, learned a lot, left very happy, thanks to you all.

Picks to click:  E's Oppo HA-1 dac/headphone amp is every bit as sexy to behold as it seems in photos and I loved the sound with my Grado RS-1 and the Oppo PM-2 (a smooth-as-butta sound).  Final Audio Design, until yesterday NOT on my personal "chart," was well-represented by Mike of its Operations leadership who steered me, happily, to their newly-named Sonorous VI (was Pandora Hope VI), a hybrid balanced armature design.  Loved it.  Has the sparkle of the Grado RS-1 with more bass authority in a closed configuration that would allow use amidst others (happy spouse).  I'm saving towards that.  Even better, Final Audio Design is carried by LiveSoundWave so I can support a local retailer who is supporting us.  A virtuous cycle indeed!

Aug 2, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #10 of 21
Folks, I joined this community after "skulking" around Head-Fi for at least a year specifically because of this meet, and I was delighted - LiveSoundWave as hosts were kind and responsive and offered great deals (teeth grit, timing bad for my wallet).  Even better, the Head-Fi community were welcoming, generous with thoughts and even more with your gear.  Listened a lot, learned a lot, left very happy, thanks to you all.

Picks to click:  E's Oppo HA-1 dac/headphone amp is every bit as sexy to behold as it seems in photos and I loved the sound with my Grado RS-1 and the Oppo PM-2 (a smooth-as-butta sound).  Final Audio Design, until yesterday NOT on my personal "chart," was well-represented by Mike of its Operations leadership who steered me, happily, to their newly-named Sonorous VI (was Pandora Hope VI), a hybrid balanced armature design.  Loved it.  Has the sparkle of the Grado RS-1 with more bass authority in a closed configuration that would allow use amidst others (happy spouse).  I'm saving towards that.  Even better, Final Audio Design is carried by LiveSoundWave so I can support a local retailer who is supporting us.  A virtuous cycle indeed!

Glad you liked the HA-1! Thanks for sharing your Grado and NAD headphones!

Aug 3, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #11 of 21
Kudos to Livesoundwave for hosting such a great meet.  Not only were they gracious hosts but they also lets us demo a bunch awesome gear.  Thanks also to Mike from FinalAudio for letting us try out his IEMs and cans.  I absolutely love my new Sonorous IV headphones.  I would love to attend another meet early next year if it could be coordinated.  

Aug 4, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #12 of 21
We had an Awesome time!

It was great to meet everyone and spend a day listening to music.  I was amazed at how much equipment everyone had brought with them.  

Thanks to Catherine and Jim for hosting the event!

It may have been the first, but I hope it is not the last...

Aug 4, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #13 of 21
Hi Everyone!
Thank you all so much for the kind words and support! We had a blast as well, and we're happy that so many people were able to make it! It turned out to be a great day. 
beyersmile.png

Special thanks to @Change is Good and @The Dan of Steel for starting the discussions for this meet and helping to make it happen! And thank you everyone for attending and giving us some very valuable feedback/advice/suggestions. We are going over all of the information we gained from this meet, and it seems that we learned a lot! Be on the look-out for a broader inventory selection and some other new, exciting things coming from us in the very near future. 

Also, we will post the photos we have once our photographer, Adam, is finished editing - should be sometime this week. 

We are looking forward to hosting another meet for you all in the future, and we hope that if any of you are in or near Orlando, you will stop by to say hi and listen to some gear! :)

Thank you all,
-LiveSoundwave Team

Aug 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #14 of 21
I stopped in with a friend for a couple of hours ,didn't listen to anything but had some good conversations with Dan,Jim & mike & staff at LSW put out a good space & food spread .To bad I had already had lunch.Met a few members ,sorry I didn't get to meet everyone.
 It was a nice small meet & I am sure future meets will grow larger.
My friend did pick up  a nice pair of phones at a good price for his wife, & I want to thank LSW for the gift bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back