2014 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange
Nov 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #48 of 137
Thanks for putting in the effort to do this again, Steve.

Always looking out for the group.

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #50 of 137

Doesn't matter as long as it's mentioned in the thread somewhere. Btw, which country are you located in? Would help to know if you're in the USA or not.

I reside in France, but again, shipping is not an issue for me.

Thanks a lot for the effort !
beerchug.gif

Nov 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #51 of 137
Count me in, I live in Irving Texas, can ship anywhere amazon does :D Prime acct i use so yea! 
Can do something beyond just an album, but I am open to anything!

Edit: I am hoping for better results this year. My partner last year dissapeared on me and we never exchanged. 
edit 2: for the comment about above an album, my partner last year and i had decided to exchange a 6 pack of beer of local craft brewaries in our area.
edit 3: screw it! i am in for international or multiple partners. 
edit 4: totally excited!

Nov 29, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #52 of 137
Another Aussie signing up. I'm fine with worldwide for electronic (downloaded) gift or another Aussie if it's to be a hard copy exchange. I'm a non-vinyl user in case that changes anything up front.

How do we determine what to get for the person to avoid giving them something they might already have, but also without telling them what's coming? I'd much prefer to give and receive a surprise!

Nov 29, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #53 of 137
  Another Aussie signing up. I'm fine with worldwide for electronic (downloaded) gift or another Aussie if it's to be a hard copy exchange. I'm a non-vinyl user in case that changes anything up front.

How do we determine what to get for the person to avoid giving them something they might already have, but also without telling them what's coming? I'd much prefer to give and receive a surprise!

Last year my partner and I simply swapped a full list of what we owned.  It helped so that:
  1. Neither of us bought anything the other already owned
  2. We both got a good idea of what each other listened to.

It really helped to.  We both bought electronic downloads for each other (3 albums each).  Cheap, speedy. no mail costs - and I really loved the albums I got.  Pretty sure he did too.

Always makes me laugh (the US only posts) - if you go with electronic options, it's better all round anyway.

Nov 29, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #54 of 137
Last year my partner and I simply swapped a full list of what we owned.  It helped so that:
  • Neither of us bought anything the other already owned
  • We both got a good idea of what each other listened to.

It really helped too.

Hmm, excellent idea, however unless there's someway of exporting a jriver album list then it'd take me past Christmas to sort out what I own..

Any ideas?

Nov 29, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #55 of 137
I don't use Jriver - but a google search came up with this:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67284.0

Hope it helps.

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #57 of 137
I'm in! Based in Poland, can ship worldwide. An LP would be awesome, but digital album would be fine too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back