2013's Beats Studio users, does them well with classic/instrumental?
Aug 7, 2014 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Merkurio

100+ Head-Fier
Copied from Headphones forum (by mistake):

Hello there.

Few days ago, I sold my daily-use IEM's (a pair of Monster N-Ergy that I enjoyed a lot for the price) and now I'm searching for a closed headphones to upgrade with a good level of comfort, isolation and overall sound quality (along with a nice design, why not).

I really apreciate the quality of many other enshrined headphones here, such as 380 Pro, DT 770, ATH-M50, SRH440 and so on, but the fact is, I'm not an inveterate audiophile by mean (CX 281 and N-Enrgy have been my closest aproximation) and it's difficult for me to buy them where I live, and honestly I have no intention for import. Of course I'm aware of the huge overprice that Beats and many other "Premium" brands have against the mainstream audiophile ones, but the the money is not a problem in my case (although for the price I can get things that hear much better).

I've heard the new Studios in some establishments with Beats stands yesterday and I think the sound is fine (with the default tracks from there), but my main concern is if could be valid for the generes that I mostly listen due its sound profile, such as classic and instrumental songs, soundtracks, classic rock, metal, electronic, r&b and even trance and new age.

I know that a lot of people hate Beats (justifiably on the other side, the previous models sound like crap), but I'll really apreciate a proper opinion for those who have the new ones and has heard the generes I mention above. Plus, I'm really interested in the Wireless model, which is the most recomendable Beats out here by many Head-Fi users.

Thanks in advance (and excuse some language mistakes, I'm not a native english writer).

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back