2013 LA Regional Meet Impressions Thread
Jul 29, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #211 of 240
Thanks for all the great feedback guys. For me, the meet program/maps developed by Warren were an amazing upgrade to meets past that I've attended. Warren deserves a HUGE bear hug for the crazy amount of hours he spent on this as well as digging out members' avatars to put on their name badges. I hope that for future meets people will register a little earlier, we had about 25-30 jump on just in the last day and the name badges had already gone to print. Having said that, I think we have a strong template for the next big one. Which is planned for FEB/MAR 2014.

Jul 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #212 of 240
Don't dismiss the brauts easily.
I'm thinking a George Forman Grill in each room. A Weber would be better but a GFG will work in a pinch.

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #213 of 240
It was a really impressive setup, I have to say. I was expecting something much more...simple, but you guys really went all out.

I for one will definitely register earlier next time. I can't wait :)
Thanks for all the great feedback guys. For me, the meet program/maps developed by Warren were an amazing upgrade to meets past that I've attended. Warren deserves a HUGE bear hug for the crazy amount of hours he spent on this as well as digging out members' avatars to put on their name badges. I hope that for future meets people will register a little earlier, we had about 25-30 jump on just in the last day and the name badges had already gone to print. Having said that, I think we have a strong template for the next big one. Which is planned for FEB/MAR 2014.

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #214 of 240
OK,
This is the last suggestion you are getting out of me.
The Ronco "Showtime Standard" Rotisserie & BBQ Oven.

Why didn't I put cans on Ron's head???

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #216 of 240
Quote:
I'm having a hard time understanding why we would ever need anything other than Red Bulls and Pop Tarts...
tongue.gif

that's valid

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #217 of 240
Quote:

I was guilty of that, but yeah you will always have procrastinators and/or gf/wifey's last minute permissions. Definitely in for the next one in 2014 or sooner.

This was also my first meet and I had a blast. Glad to finally be able to put an actual sound to all the headphones and amps I've been reading on here. The Fostex TH-900 was the highlight for me (of what I can afford that is). It wasn't listed on the other thread so I didn't expect them there, but wow, what an amazing set of cans. It was great even through my iPhone. And I couldn't be happier seeing a price drop to $1,500.

The Stax with the Blue Hawaii on Justin's booth was even more amazing but way out of my budget. And being able to listen to the classic Sony R-10, AK1000, and L3000 was a nice surprise. Can someone bring the Orpheus next time? lol...

Jul 31, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #222 of 240
You goin' to the game against the Yankees tonight; tomorrow night? 

Nope - my brother is actually the big Dodger fan - he has season tickets. I only go to a couple of games a year - and it's not any of the high-profile games like Dodgers-Yankees. I just go for the Dodger Dogs & peanuts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back