2013 LA Regional Meet Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #181 of 240
Quote:

Also who are the people in this pic?

I don't believe that anyone in the photo above is camera-shy or deeply into anonymity, so I'll go ahead and describe it.  This was taken in the hotel on the morning of the Friday before the meet - at breakfast.  Several of us went early to prep, meet people coming in from out of town (some from outside the country), and such.  From left to right, the people are:  me, weirdfishes, shiorisekine, HiFiGuy528, and mikemercer. 
smile.gif

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #182 of 240
Quote:

Are you talking about Mike (HiFiGuy528)?  Or maybe me (except that I'm not in San Francisco).  In any case, it sounds like you're talking about Mike... in which case the amp he was talking about is the Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear (BCL).  I know this because he's ALWAYS talking about the BCL.  Also, don't forget about the "other" amp, the Lovely Cube for substantially less money.

ah.. that was it. Is it really THAT good? lol

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #183 of 240
Quote:
ah.. that was it. Is it really THAT good? lol

I haven't heard it yet, but I know that Mike (HiFiGuy528) holds it in very high esteem... even above some of the Burson amps favored 'round these parts.

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #184 of 240
Quote:

I haven't heard it yet, but I know that Mike (HiFiGuy528) holds it in very high esteem... even above some of the Burson amps favored 'round these parts.

ah well, enough of the 800s anyways. Enjoying my kaedes right now :) I'm not sure what people are complaining about on some tracks it does crappy and others it sounds amazing but it so far it sounds amazing on every track I play lol.

Jul 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #185 of 240
I haven't tried any of the Ocharaku stuff yet, though I keep meaning to.  I may have to put it off even longer though, as I might be getting an extended 1plus2 audition soon.

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #187 of 240
Quote:

I don't believe that anyone in the photo above is camera-shy or deeply into anonymity, so I'll go ahead and describe it.  This was taken in the hotel on the morning of the Friday before the meet - at breakfast.  Several of us went early to prep, meet people coming in from out of town (some from outside the country), and such.  From left to right, the people are:  me, weirdfishes, shiorisekine, HiFiGuy528, and mikemercer. 
smile.gif

I miss you guys already!  

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #188 of 240
I missed this one - schedule just did not allow though I'm close enough to make it. 

Not surprisingly, with all the high end equipment, the more 'lowly' cans did not get much mention but in the photo, see that there was a Philips X1 there.  Love to hear some comments.  I remember being impressed by its engaging nature when testing headphones out - given its price point.  Did it scale much with better amps/sources?  

UL

Jul 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #189 of 240
I don't believe that anyone in the photo above is camera-shy or deeply into anonymity, so I'll go ahead and describe it.  This was taken in the hotel on the morning of the Friday before the meet - at breakfast.  Several of us went early to prep, meet people coming in from out of town (some from outside the country), and such.  From left to right, the people are:  me, weirdfishes, shiorisekine, HiFiGuy528, and mikemercer.  :smile:

If there is one thing that I learned at the LA meet, it is that Mike Mercer can be described using many words, but "anonymous" is not one of them... :p

I very much appreciate that great group of folks allowing this old noob to hang with them!

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #190 of 240
That is some beautiful work by Frank Coster. Any impressions?

Jul 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #191 of 240
Quote:
If you're ever around hacienda heights (where hiyono lives) I can let you try em out if you like. They sound good both out of my 4s and my ak120 w/ the 1.3.2 firmware.

Thanks for the invite!  I don't make it out there as much as I used to since I'm all the way out near the Marina now, but I'll try to sneak in some time to hang out the next time I visit my old stomping grounds in M.P. 
smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
From left to right, the people are:  me, weirdfishes, shiorisekine, HiFiGuy528, and mikemercer. 
smile.gif

I miss you guys already!  

Such a great time! 
smile.gif

BTW, we're all set for the California Audio Show right?  We can't let Frank down so we gotta go.  I think all of us except for shiorisekine will be up there for that.  But my friend John will be joining us to make up for that.  Headmasters, here we come!

Quote:
I missed this one - schedule just did not allow though I'm close enough to make it. 

Not surprisingly, with all the high end equipment, the more 'lowly' cans did not get much mention but in the photo, see that there was a Philips X1 there.

frown.gif
  Next time perhaps?  Right now, the next one is shaping up to be somewhere around March of 2014 I think.  I seem to remember the X1 being there, though I didn't have a chance to hear it.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't believe that anyone in the photo above is camera-shy or deeply into anonymity, so I'll go ahead and describe it.  From left to right, the people are:  me, weirdfishes, shiorisekine, HiFiGuy528, and mikemercer. 
smile.gif

If there is one thing that I learned at the LA meet, it is that Mike Mercer can be described using many words, but "anonymous" is not one of them...
tongue.gif

Nope, in fact words often fail as well.  I usually resort to a combination of interpretive dance, perplexing facial expressions, and Druid sorcery to describe that which is The Mercer.

Quote:
I very much appreciate that great group of folks allowing this old noob to hang with them!

Aww c'mon, you're one of us.  You know you are ALWAYS welcome! 
smile.gif

Jul 27, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #192 of 240
Heads-up guys, there's another CA meet coming soon! 
smile.gif

I know that several people came down from the Bay Area for our L.A. meet, so I'll be heading up there to return the favor.  The headphone meet part of the show is on Saturday ONLY.  If any of y'all got some time to kill, and want to take a road trip, this might be a fun way to do it.  For more info, there's a link to the meet thread in my sig below.

Jul 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #193 of 240
Quote:
Heads-up guys, there's another CA meet coming soon! 
smile.gif

I know that several people came down from the Bay Area for our L.A. meet, so I'll be heading up there to return the favor.  The headphone meet part of the show is on Saturday ONLY.  If any of y'all got some time to kill, and want to take a road trip, this might be a fun way to do it.  For more info, there's a link to the meet thread in my sig below.

that is.. quite far

Jul 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #195 of 240
Quote:
Quote:
that is.. quite far

Road trips are more fun than flying. I did it for the L.A. Meet. I would totally do it again.

Okay, it's a little far.  But just imagine being stuck in a large moving object, traveling at high speed, from which there is no escape, with a bunch of fellow Head-Fiers!  COULD ANYTHING BE FUNNER THAN THAT?! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back