2013 LA Regional Meet Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #136 of 240
biggrin.gif
  Tell the big wigs that the community is upset you won't be able to make it to the show.  Show them my mad face!

My mad face: 
mad.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #138 of 240
I'm ready. 
smile.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #141 of 240
Me too.. For the next meet I'm going to make it even more difficult to listen to my setup by bringing a reel to reel
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #142 of 240
Quote:
tongue_smile.gif
 D-a-n-g-!

Yeah, we play with live ammo around here...
tongue.gif

Quote:
I'm in whenever!

That's what I'm talkin' bout! 
smile.gif

Quote:
Me too.. For the next meet I'm going to make it even more difficult to listen to my setup by bringing a reel to reel
biggrin.gif

WHOA!  But if you do that, we're gonna have to move you into the summit-fi room.  Nothing wrong with that of course, but I think you'll agree that there was a very special vibe to Calabasas.  Not better in any way... just different, special.

More glasses?  BTW, only now did I realize that I should have bought a set. 
biggrin.gif
  Also, lol @ wife-fi and kid-fi.

Jul 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #143 of 240
Overall, another awesome Head-Fi event... I still haven't been to that many so there's certainly still the wow factor for me. After reading everyone's impressions from the event it seems like there's a bit I missed but I've got a list going to check it all out next time. ***although my wallet appreciated the fact that I didn't see (and then want) everything***

Big thanks to Ethan and Warren for helping out to keep us vendors in the loop and make sure we had everything we needed. I hope you both went into a post-meet coma to catch up on sleep!

It was great to reconnect with old friends, put faces to names, and meet some new people. For everyone who is building up their UE portfolio after the event, we've got everything on the lab floor now. 
redface.gif

Thanks!

Jul 23, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #144 of 240
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

WHOA!  But if you do that, we're gonna have to move you into the summit-fi room.  Nothing wrong with that of course, but I think you'll agree that there was a very special vibe to Calabasas.  Not better in any way... just different, special.

More glasses?  BTW, only now did I realize that I should have bought a set. 
biggrin.gif
  Also, lol @ wife-fi and kid-fi.

+1

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #145 of 240
Quote:

Me too.. For the next meet I'm going to make it even more difficult to listen to my setup by bringing a reel to reel 
biggrin.gif

Actually I'd LOVE to bring an E.A.R tape machine for a source!
This absolutely blew my mind yesterday (pictured below) - and I was daydreaming about using that tape desk in front of my E.A.R HP4, or the ALO Studio Six!!  WOOH

I didn't want the weekend to end.
Thanks to EVERYBODY who contributed, and all of you have reason to be proud for building such a positively reinforcing, forward-thinking community here based around
a sheer love for music and great sound.  

I'm proud to be part of it.

::::BRO HUG:::::

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #147 of 240
Agreed, you can't go wrong with that E.A.R. tape deck. Looking forward to hearing the HP 4 someday, too! That said, the ALO Studio Six is a wonderful amp, and you can't beat the options. Thanks for bringing your gear and expertise, Michael. By the way, what was the name of the track from the Radiohead singer that you played? I heard a bunch of Radiohead all day at the meet, and there was another tune that I really liked from one of their earlier albums, but I foolishly didn't write it down! :) I'm trying to track it down on MOG, you'd think I'd learn. Looking forward to the next Head-Fi event, and seriously thinking about motoring up to the CA Audio show for more ear speaker fun. 

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #148 of 240
Quote:
Hat off to third_eye, warrenpchi (so cool that you got our avatars on the nametags!), and the helping crew!

Originally Posted by shiorisekine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also big shout out to Ethan (third_eye) and Warren for doing all of this, I don't think I thanked you guys enough HAHA.

Originally Posted by Netforce /img/forum/go_quote.gif

third_eye and warrenpchi, thanks for organizing!

Originally Posted by UltEarsBryce /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Big thanks to Ethan and Warren for helping out to keep us vendors in the loop and make sure we had everything we needed.

Thanks so much guys! 
smile.gif

Quote:

I hope you both went into a post-meet coma to catch up on sleep!

For everyone who is building up their UE portfolio after the event, we've got everything on the lab floor now. 
redface.gif

You'd think so, but in my case I'm still relatively sleepless these days as I have to catch up on everything I had set aside for the meet.

And I totally forgot about picking up some things that I wanted.  Got the UE 600, UE 700, and UE 900... pretty much ready for the next step.  Just haven't had a moment to reflect on exactly which one it would be.

Quote:
seriously thinking about motoring up to the CA Audio show for more ear speaker fun. 

I'm trying to work out a road trip and car pool thing as we speak.  Would that be something you'd be into?  Might even be going in a nice four door with a Holgerized car audio system with - and I kid you not - a demagnetizer in the dash. 
eek.gif

BTW, I totally didn't make the connection (even though I checked you in)!  I thought Mike and I were the only PFO scribes there. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #149 of 240
Quote:
Insidious what dac were you using?  The combo you had with the wa22 and hd800 was incredible. Listening to that and the blue hawaii + stax combo was my highlight.

It was my Dac and Cavalli Liquid Glass.  The Dac was an Emm Labs Dac2se.  The WA22+HD800 was my friend's.

Jul 24, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #150 of 240
Umm, I've been unpacking from the meet and I seem to have an extra Belkin surge protector that I didn't before.  Is anyone missing one? 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back