2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
Aug 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #391 of 483
I just bought the tickets for myself and Iron_Dreamer. Please make sure that we both have badges. Did I read correctly that parking discount coupons would be supplied at registration? Also, will we be able to come and go with the parking or are we stuck there all day?

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #392 of 483
Quote:
You're welcome to share my table.

Thanks Frank.  I wasn't necessarily looking to set up a whole rig.  I was primarily thinking that an HE-6 owner might want to compare the EF-6 to their current amp in their own system.  Or do you have an HE-6 these days?  I've been so out of it the last few months.

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #393 of 483
To Purrin and all the organizers,

Awesome job on getting this set up and so organized! Really looking forward to this! Kind of a weird question, but is anyone familiar with the food situation around the hotel? Lunch always seems to be tough to handle at meets.

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #394 of 483
Awesome job of organizing, guys!

I may not be there until ten--I hope no one assumes a table spot is unoccupied just because no one is there at 9:30. Unless, of course, Purrin/organizers feel that it would be necessary for anyone using a table to be there at 9:30 or else give up their spot.

Mike

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #395 of 483
Lists updated

Quote:
To Purrin and all the organizers,

Awesome job on getting this set up and so organized! Really looking forward to this! Kind of a weird question, but is anyone familiar with the food situation around the hotel? Lunch always seems to be tough to handle at meets.

There's fast food up and down Century.  I think I walked to Burger King down the street during CanJam.  I'm not sure if there's a cafe or anything located inside the hotel, though.

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #396 of 483
I'll bring my modded Hifiman EF5 if anyone is interested in doing a comparison to the EF6. My EF5 doesn't sound much like the stock EF5. In total, mod + stock EF5, I paid less than the EF6 costs. I have a relatively bright 12AU7 in it right now, not my first preference (and I'm still shopping around for a 12AU7 more to my liking), but it has fantastic highs and dynamics.

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #398 of 483
I'll be using a skillet and n3rdling's Orpheus to make crepes for $2 a pop if anyone is interested.

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #399 of 483
Quote:
I'll be using a skillet and n3rdling's Orpheus to make crepes for $2 a pop if anyone is interested.

I don't know about anyone else this summer, but I am running my cooler amp (EF5) and keeping other devices to a minimum. In winter I'll use the Woo. Neither probably compares to the Orpheus.

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #400 of 483
Quote:

I think the DIYT2 would do a better job 
tongue.gif
 Did you want me to bring the Dynahi?

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #401 of 483
Quote:

I think the DIYT2 would do a better job 
tongue.gif
 Did you want me to bring the Dynahi?

Is yours done?

Please, I'm on a SS binge atm to see if I might find some beer to go w/ my wine.  
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #403 of 483
Quote:
I just bought the tickets for myself and Iron_Dreamer. Please make sure that we both have badges. Did I read correctly that parking discount coupons would be supplied at registration? Also, will we be able to come and go with the parking or are we stuck there all day?

Good question. Let me check.

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #405 of 483
Paid for my Ticket.

Will likely bring a HifiMan HM-801, and async USB adapter to a Laptop for a source.

Consolidating a rig set up with Iron_Dreamer.  So likely a HifiMan HE-6 + EF-6 combo there as well.   If he decides not to bring the EF-6, than I'll bring my Grace m902 instead.  Either way we'll have a small Rig setup.  Only need 1/3 - 1/2 of a table depending on how small they are.  So if Frank can have us at his table, that would be fine, unless there is room elsewhere.

I also have my Sony R10's.  Although I'm selling them off, so not sure if I want to have them get man-handled right before selling them off, unless a prospective buyer wants to check them out at the Meet.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back