2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
Aug 9, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #361 of 483
Hey purrin, i saw my name listed under table requirements for half a table, but i think that must have been a mistake...
No table needed here, first meet for me so i'm travelling light.

Aug 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #362 of 483
got it. updating.

Will be doing an eventbrite thing over the weekend for people to purchase tickets ahead of time with a slight discount ~$2. So regular ticket pricing for pre-purchased tickets will be $18.

We will need to bring our own dollies since use of hotel equipment will require tips to bellhops. We plan on having three available, but if anyone wants to bring a few for general use, it would be appreciated. Just make sure it's marked with your name and phone number.

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #364 of 483
Unfortunately I cannot go so I am out.  Hopefully someone else can go.

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #365 of 483
YAY! I managed to score some Beyer T1's so ill be bringing them assuming they arrive in time!

Aug 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #367 of 483
We've got plenty of room. the softcap of 100 does not include vendors. we are at about 87 right now.

Also a few people have stepped up to donate a little bit more: Teufelshunde, Audeze, LFF.

So we will look into further reductions with the admission fee.

Aug 10, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #368 of 483
Quote:
We've got plenty of room. the softcap of 100 does not include vendors. we are at about 87 right now.

Hey Purrin, I have a non-member friend that wants to come with, so you can put me down as having a +1.  Thanks! 
smile.gif

Also, I can confirm that I'll be bringing a Pioneer SE-MJ591 and a Pioneer SE-A1000 just in case people want to try them out for some reason.  Pioneer markets them both as top-of-the-line audiophile cans, and I can think of no better crowd to test that claim than Head-Fiers.  No table needed for just two mid-fi cans though, so I'll just be carrying them around.

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #369 of 483
If we can bring a friend I'd like to be put down for +1 too. If not that's okay (but it's a pretty girl lol).

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #371 of 483
Important to note that everyone attending will be required to check in at the front desk and wear a tag.  This is part of security protocol and we will have random organizers doing roving patrols just to be on the safe side.  They will be disguised as a bush so you won't be able to tell who they are.

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #373 of 483

DISCOUNTED ADVANCE TICKETS HERE:

http://hhh2012.eventbrite.com/

Prices will be higher at the door. General Admission price is now $16 through the site.

Ticket prices have been reduced significantly because a few people have stepped up to the plate. Also Jude was kind enough to offer to help cover any shortage, I so feel much more comfortable about assuming the risk of a large shortage (I'm putting in a little bit myself anyways). We'll also be taking donations. If there is an overage, we'll save it up for anyone who wants to organize a another local meet later in the year or next year.

I know it's kind of late in the game for me to post this info, but I will be bumping this info several more times throughout the next week until the meet.

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #374 of 483
It seems that I have just scored tickets for the MotoGP USGP at Indy on the weekend of the 19th.  It was a tough choice but the race won so I will not be attending the meet.  I apologize to those looking forward to hearing the T1's.  Maybe next time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back