Quote:
400 lbs of equipment is me,
biggrin.gif

Hahahah   LOL :)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #242 of 483
I plan on attending.  I don't have anything to bring, other than my one pair of headphones that I own  (Sennheiser HD 518s).   Yeah, I'm pretty much new to the whole audiophile thing.
-Larmeister

Jul 22, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #243 of 483
Quote:
I plan on attending.  I don't have anything to bring, other than my one pair of headphones that I own  (Sennheiser HD 518s).   Yeah, I'm pretty much new to the whole audiophile thing.
-Larmeister

And a first poster! How long you've been lurking around here for? 

Welcome! A meet is a rare opportunity if you want to get into headphones. It'll expose you to lots of headphones and equipment so you can choose what suits you best!!!!

Jul 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #245 of 483
I'd like to make it to this meet. If only so I can listen to the Audeze..... Plus I've only got about six months of vibing on this headphone culture over home audio and want to hear those Audeze to make sure it is the right thing to liquidate these home components for portable/ headphone gears. And to help make a final judgement on the Hifiman vs. Audeze for my next buy.

Looks like both of my headphones are already on the list but I can bring them and my portable amp which looks like it isn't on the list

Cans: Hifiman HE400's
         Ultrasone Pro900s
Amp: Alo Audio Continental V2

Jul 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #247 of 483
Yeah, everytime i go to a meet new gear mysteriously ends up at my house within a couple of weeks and I notice that my credit card bill or bank account has changes figures.
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #254 of 483
elwappo99:
"And a first poster! How long you've been lurking around here for? 

Welcome! A meet is a rare opportunity if you want to get into headphones. It'll expose you to lots of headphones and equipment so you can choose what suits you best!!!!"

Ha yeah, I was able to go to T.H.E. Newport show, and got to hear a lot of headphones.  It was pretty cool, but a little overwhelming with all the rooms that also had stereo speaker setups.  The highlight was listening to the headphones for me though. 

( I didn't do a reply with a quote, so I just pasted it in, haha...wasn't sure how to delete a post so I could redo it)

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #255 of 483
Quote:
elwappo99:
"And a first poster! How long you've been lurking around here for? 

Welcome! A meet is a rare opportunity if you want to get into headphones. It'll expose you to lots of headphones and equipment so you can choose what suits you best!!!!"

Ha yeah, I was able to go to T.H.E. Newport show, and got to hear a lot of headphones.  It was pretty cool, but a little overwhelming with all the rooms that also had stereo speaker setups.  The highlight was listening to the headphones for me though. 

( I didn't do a reply with a quote, so I just pasted it in, haha...wasn't sure how to delete a post so I could redo it)

No a problem! It can be a little overwhelming, so something I'd recommend doing is making a list of headphones you'd like to hear and have a "to listen list". It'll help you make a list of equipment and your comments and not kick yourself after for missing something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back