2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
Jun 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #151 of 483
Ultimate Ears will be there and possibly do impressions for free if you want to order one of their products, but they keep your impressions. They have usually offered deals that one cannot refuse, but I cannot guarantee that they will continue this practice.

Jun 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #155 of 483
I'll be attending.  No need for a table either.  

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #158 of 483
OK. We should have a very wide variety of stat amps there with Alex, Craig, Justin, not counting quite a few locals. I don't plan on bringing the beast out until near the end of the meet.

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #159 of 483
Quote:
OK. We should have a very wide variety of stat amps there with Alex, Craig, Justin, not counting quite a few locals. I don't plan on bringing the beast out until near the end of the meet.

What!!.. just get that amp out man.. jeez. the only piece of gear i want to hear at this meet barring the UE IERM

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #164 of 483
I'd definitely like to attend!  Don't have much to bring in the way of HPs though - which is to say that y'all have got better gear than anything I could bring.  But if anyone wants, I can cart along any/all of the following:

Pioneer SE-MJ591 (nicely built supraaural portable)
Pioneer SE-A1000 (This thing was seriously made for big heads)
AKG K240 Studio (the made in China version in case someone wants to AB with an Austrian one)
Pioneer SE-MJ751-K (dual-driver basshead supraaurals w/adjustable dial)
a scrappy little DIY amp (battery powered portable)

Pardon the noob questions here, but since this will be my first meet, what's the deal with the tables?  Is that just a place to put the cans out for everyone?  Will I have to man the table?  I'd like to go around listening to stuff.  What happens to the cans while I'm gone?  Will they get nicked?  I would definitely appreciate a very brief little primer on how this will all work.

Purrin, most of the stuff in this thread seems to be the stuff of dreams.  Since what I could bring would be mid-fi at best, I'm not sure we'd want to waste a table of it?  I really don't know what's best, so just let me know what I should bring (if anything) out of the list above, and you can determine if I'll need a table or can share with someone or whatever.

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #165 of 483

Quote:
How much of a student discount are we looking at?

Can you afford movie tickets? I'm still sorting out vendors and attendees to get a better idea. I'm also willing to eat some of the costs myself to make the costs reasonable for everyone else.

Quote:
I'd definitely like to attend!  Don't have much to bring in the way of HPs though - which is to say that y'all have got better gear than anything I could bring.  But if anyone wants, I can cart along any/all of the following:

Pioneer SE-MJ591 (nicely built supraaural portable)
Pioneer SE-A1000 (This thing was seriously made for big heads)
AKG K240 Studio (the made in China version in case someone wants to AB with an Austrian one)
Pioneer SE-MJ751-K (dual-driver basshead supraaurals w/adjustable dial)
a scrappy little DIY amp (battery powered portable)

Pardon the noob questions here, but since this will be my first meet, what's the deal with the tables?  Is that just a place to put the cans out for everyone?  Will I have to man the table?  I'd like to go around listening to stuff.  What happens to the cans while I'm gone?  Will they get nicked?  I would definitely appreciate a very brief little primer on how this will all work.

Purrin, most of the stuff in this thread seems to be the stuff of dreams.  Since what I could bring would be mid-fi at best, I'm not sure we'd want to waste a table of it?  I really don't know what's best, so just let me know what I should bring (if anything) out of the list above, and you can determine if I'll need a table or can share with someone or whatever.

If you are bringing several headphones, it's probably a good idea to store your stuff in a bag and try out various rigs (get permission from owners first before you plug in). When I first met rhythmdevils, he came up to my table and dumped all of his headphones from his bag on to my table. I don't know why he approached me out of everyone else, but we've become good friends since then and have become an incessant pair of troublemakers here on HF. I'm sure it was fate or some karmic connection. Of course I am not suggesting that you take the same approach as RD.

Those experienced with meets will often bring a buddy if they have a dedicated table to look after their stuff. Plaza B,C,D will be dedicated to vendors and attendees who bring in heavy stuff (DACs, amps, nuclear reactors, etc.) Plaza A will also have a few dedicated vendor and attendee tables. A good portion of Plaza A (~50%) will be dedicated place to hang out, talk, recharge batteries, etc. for those who don't bring in heavy stuff.

Hello everyone, 

I'm a new person here. (actually I register this account to post the message). 
I'll be there with my favorite K701, look forward to seeing you then !

It's not uncommon for people to attend meets with just a pair of headphones around their necks. I may actually wear my Beats like that at the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back