2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
May 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #91 of 483
That's what I was going to recommend. I'll make sure to leave some extra space and a table for you.

May 3, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #94 of 483
This is my first post on Head-fi. I'm already in awe at the gear list. I can't believe my luck that you guys are holding the event at the same hotel us flight crews are staying while we're in LA! I'm with Malaysia Airlines, and I will make my utmost effort to beg/plead/blackmail the rostering department to schedule me LA flights in August so that I can attend this event. Already have these gears of my own (LCD-2, ALO Continental V2, Woo Audio WA2, Burson HA-160, Centrance DACPort LX, Fostex HP-P1, Benchmark DAC1 USB, Beyerdynamic T1 & DT1350), so I guess most if not all are already covered in the gear list. Will be most interested in interconnects, so I'd be hogging the Bellatone and Spidercable tables if I can arrange my schedule around to come. And I so very much want to hear the Stax! Screw that, I wanna hear everything! *drools!*

May 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #95 of 483
Is there any Hobbyists Meet planned near DC?

May 5, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #97 of 483
Quote:
This is my first post on Head-fi. I'm already in awe at the gear list. I can't believe my luck that you guys are holding the event at the same hotel us flight crews are staying while we're in LA! I'm with Malaysia Airlines, and I will make my utmost effort to beg/plead/blackmail the rostering department to schedule me LA flights in August so that I can attend this event. Already have these gears of my own (LCD-2, ALO Continental V2, Woo Audio WA2, Burson HA-160, Centrance DACPort LX, Fostex HP-P1, Benchmark DAC1 USB, Beyerdynamic T1 & DT1350), so I guess most if not all are already covered in the gear list. Will be most interested in interconnects, so I'd be hogging the Bellatone and Spidercable tables if I can arrange my schedule around to come. And I so very much want to hear the Stax! Screw that, I wanna hear everything! *drools!*

We'd be glad to have you!  I hope you can attend.  Meets are extremely enjoyable events and places where you can listen to a vast wealth of high-end equipment that you would likely not be able to hear anywhere else; at the very least not so much of it in one location.

I haven't been to one in a while but have attended at least half a dozen and hosted one.  You'll have a great time.

May 6, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #98 of 483
Hi N3rdling:
on the headphone list:
Stax SR-007 mk1 (x2)
Stax SR-009
Stax SR-Lambda
Stax SR-Omega
Stax SR-Omega2 mk1
Stax SR-Sigma (x2)
Stax SR-Sigma404

You meant 3 of the same kind, right?

May 7, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #100 of 483
I am just starting out in this community and don't have anything to contribute except the desire to learn about different equipment.  Do you think I would benefit from attending?  I wouldn't be able to bring anything except a pair of ATH-AD700s and an ipod :wink:

May 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #101 of 483
Sure. Lots of folks come by with nothing but an iPod and a headphone. You'll find that people in the hobby are super friendly and willing to help out. It's a good way to make new friends with shared interested too.

May 9, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #102 of 483
It's on my calendar.

Will bring my Ayre QB-9 and whatever amp I have at the time (could be the current Luxman P-200, or it could be a Mjolnir, or a Bryston BHA-1, or a HeadRoom BUDA). Will have HD 800 and LCD-3 on hand.

May 13, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #103 of 483
Well, I just sold the SL-10 for $375, so it's down to the Technics, Dual, and Marantz.:mad:

May 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #104 of 483
Put me down as a tentative attendee. I'm going to be in Norcal during that time, so I'm going to spend the next few months figuring out the most feasible way for me to get down to LA. If I confirm, I would be bringing the Objective 2 Amp, Portapros, and AKG K500.

May 31, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #105 of 483
I am planning to come to the meet.  Don't know what i am bringing yet, used to bring everything but the kitchen sink but my stuff is beginning to get dated anyway.  Hoping to hear the Fostex TH900 hopefully someone will have it by then.  Actually hopefully i will have it by then
wink.gif
  Looks like i will bring at least my Edition 8 LE since no one else is and the ATH-ES10 - even though they aren't that new, they are Japan only so not many around these parts.  Also the  Fostex HP-P1 and ipod with and external amp, either Pico or if Lisa lll is back then that to drive the HP's.  

If motivated I may bring my home set up or part of it but we'll see.  (If Craig is coming he will have a Zana Deux anyway, but may bring vioelectric V200 and modded psaudio digital link and cd player).

*Bold can go on list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back