2012 College Football Thread
Aug 27, 2012 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 210

Skylab

Reviewerus Prolificus
Well, the time is upon us. Thursday night we have games, and we have a very full weekend of them. Saturday I get to start watching at 8:00 am CEntral wine Notre Dame is playing in London. That's unusual.

My NU Wildcats open at The 'Cuse in the Carrierdome. It's a game we very much need to win. We have a tougher that normal non conference schedule - three BCS conference teams.

This will be an off-year for the Big Ten. I don't see any of our teams finishing in the top 10. It would take a big surprise, like Michigan suddenly getting a defense, or tOSU suddenly getting an offense.

How's everyone else feeling?

Aug 27, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 210
I'm looking forward to seeing USC re-assert itself not only in the Pac12 but nationally. It will be interesting to see if Stanford and Oregon can keep pace with new starting QBs. It will also be interesting to see if LSU/Bama can maintain their dominance.

Also I can't believe that Kellen Moore, the winning-est QB in the history of division one football, wasn't drafted into the NFL because he is "too small". He's six feet tall; the Lions (who signed him immediately after the draft and have an ex-Bronco QB as Moore's coach) may have the most motivated QB in the league backing up Stafford. The Seahawks just decided on a 5-11 guy for their starter, and look at Flutie. Pat Hayden ruined it for short guys in the NFL back in the day, the Rams should have given Ferragamo the nod much earlier. /rant
Anyways subscribed, thanks for starting this thread
beerchug.gif

Aug 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 210
Yeah I think the Trojans have as good a shot at winning it all as anyone does, as we sit here today. But of course, that's why they play the games. What we all love about college football is how unpredictable it always is.

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #5 of 210
Excited to attend the first game at the newly renovated Memorial Stadium in Berkeley this coming weekend.  Go Bears!

Aug 30, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #6 of 210
Anyone think Michigan can keep it within 2 touchdowns? I'm feeling something like 49-10 Alabama.

In other news, OU plays diddly to start the season. Still, week 1 is on the road against UTEP with a late kickoff.

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #7 of 210
Michigan's defense should be better enough that that, and Bama hasn't been an offensive juggernaut. I'm thinking much more like 24-10 at worst, but I will say it will be within two TDs, and go with 21-10 Bama.

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 210
Hard to say but I will go with 35-7 Bama. Potential upset out West when the Wolf Pack visits the Golden Bears. The game of the week could be the Broncos at the Spartans Friday night, promises to be a good one!

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #9 of 210
Darn, Vandy got hosed a bit there.

I'm hoping UMich keeps it close, or wins. I want to see SEC teams lose often this year. I'm tired of them. I expect them to be dominant as usual, unfortunately.

Really excited for the WSU/BYU game.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #11 of 210
Pretty competitive game that Vandy - SC game.  Which scares me, since we play Vandy next weekend.  Aaron's little brother looks like a gamer.

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 210
Quote:
Hard to say but I will go with 35-7 Bama. Potential upset out West when the Wolf Pack visits the Golden Bears. The game of the week could be the Broncos at the Spartans Friday night, promises to be a good one!

Yeah, Nevada pistol whipped (pardon the pun :p) the Bears two years ago when they played in Nevada.  I'm nervous about the game, but more excited about visiting the stadium to see how the renovations turned out. 

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #14 of 210
Yeah I am REALLY looking forward to Spartans-Broncos tonight. Could be a really fun game.

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #15 of 210
I don't know about fun, but the defenses were in fine form while both teams struggled with new QBs. LeVon Bell was awesome for the Spartans though, he ran out of his mind with a career game; he had more yards than the entire Broncos offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back