2011 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange
Nov 26, 2011 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

baka1969

Chaser of Ghosts
Although I'm not the official organizer I want to start the thread off for this year's Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange.

Please list your name if you definitively want to participate and exchange a gift with a fellow Head-Fier. Also put if you are or are not willing to be paired up with someone internationally or only locally within your country or continent . One of the moderators will pair us all together.

I can't tell you what to get. I'll let your conscious decide. Please keep it family oriented and no x-rated material. I would suggest that whomever you're paired with that through either PM or email discuss what each other's likes or dislikes are.

Also, Amazon seems to be an effective and efficient place to place the orders. I have send items off Amazon to other's homes from the respective Amazon site. Canada and throughout Europe particularly. I'm not certain about Asia though and suggestions are welcome.

Please keep off topic discussion in this thread to a minimum so as not to clutter it up too much. Please add you name and whether or not you'll sent to someone far and wide. Please put your Head-Fi name, your real name, and your home country in the post.

So I'll start it off. Good luck everyone and have fun.

Count me in:

Baka1969 - Ross - USA - yes I'll ship world wide

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 45
I'm in!
biggrin.gif

Canada / US shipping is cool with me.

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #5 of 45
I'm in

Proglover - Dave - The Netherlands - Worldwide (if given enough time for it)

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 45
I am in but need to keep it conus this year.

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #8 of 45
Im in, am i suppose to PM the above person? Please broaden...

cifani090 - Brandon - USA - Worldwide

In the past when you were paired up with someone both of you would PM each other to discuss your likes and dislikes. More importantly to exchange addresses. I don't see how we should mess with tradition. :)

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #9 of 45
Quote:
In the past when you were paired up with someone both of you would PM each other to discuss your likes and dislikes. More importantly to exchange addresses. I don't see how we should mess with tradition.
smily_headphones1.gif

When is the pairing going to begin?

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #10 of 45
When is the pairing going to begin?

That's an excellent question. Last year one of the mods (UE I think) did the pairing. It would make sense to have the pairing around Dec 9th. That would be about 2 weeks before Christmas and should give decent time to have items reach their intended members. Anyone have any different suggestions?

EDIT:

Last year the cut off was Sunday, December 5th but the start date was also a few days earlier. If the cut off date this year were to be, be on Sunday the 4th, that would give about a week. Unless the mods have a different idea, I think, tentatively, Wednesday, December 7th should be a good date to cut it off. That will give a little more than a week to get as many people as possible plus give a little more than two weeks for delivery.

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #12 of 45
Last year the cut off was Sunday, December 5th but the start date was also a few days earlier. If the cut off date this year were to be, be on Sunday the 4th, that would give about a week. Unless the mods have a different idea, I think, tentatively, Wednesday, December 7th should be a good date to cut it off. That will give a little more than a week to get as many people as possible plus give a little more than two weeks for delivery.

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #15 of 45
@Baka Any rules?? Price minimum/limits? etc? It wouldn't be fair if a person exchange a pair of headphones with a cd album. :p

I'd say let your conscious be your guide. If someone is getting a member a headphone in exchange for a CD then I guess that is the way it goes. I'd guess just be reasonable.

What I would suggest is that no-one ASK for something unreasonable or please don't cry poverty to try to garner sympathy for an expensive item. Please try to keep this fun and in the spirit of the holidays. It's not a competition. It's fun. We've all had fun in past years and I know we all will this year. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back