2011-12 College Basketball Thread
Nov 20, 2011 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TexasBuck

100+ Head-Fier
This thread is a rip off of the "2011 College Football" thread.  I've really enjoyed reading different fans comment about their teams all across the country in that thread.  Hopefully, a similar experience can be had here for basketball.

So how does your team look so far? 

Nov 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 7
Oklahoma Sooners look like they may be better than last year. They have some quality players with a veteran coach who seems to know how to turn struggling teams around. I think OU will probably be in the bottom half of the big 12 this year, battling with OK State, Iowa State, Texas Tech, and Kansas State. 

I've always thought of BCG as a great coach. I think Texas Tech could be something of a surprise. Texas has a bunch of talent as usual, but I'm typically doubtful of Rick Barnes' coaching ability. Baylor is a similar case: great talent but suspect at the coaching position. Oklahoma State is an interesting team. Travis Ford seems like he could be a decent coach. I suppose OK State could be a surprise team in the league if Lebryan Nash turns out. I've not been that impressed from what I've seen of him so far, though. 

I think Kansas wins the league, Baylor makes the tournament easily, and Texas and Missouri sneak in with bad seeds.  I think Texas AM misses it. 

I'll rank 'em:
Kansas
Baylor
Missouri
Texas
Texas AM
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
Texas Tech
Iowa State
Kansas State

Nov 27, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #4 of 7
UNLV posts the biggest upset of the seasons so far by beating #1 North Carolina.  Feels like the early 90's all over again.  Kentucky likely the new #1 team in the country.

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #5 of 7

I'm a recent grad of UNC, so of course I'm biased, but I feel like we're a real contender this year. The UNLV loss was good for the team - it was a humbling experience. Our players can't afford to feel invincible and that game taught them a lesson. I'm excited to see where we end up.

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I'm a recent grad of UNC, so of course I'm biased, but I feel like we're a real contender this year. The UNLV loss was good for the team - it was a humbling experience. Our players can't afford to feel invincible and that game taught them a lesson. I'm excited to see where we end up.

UNC is certainly one of the teams to beat.  I think they take care of Wisconsin tonight.  It will be very interesting to watch UNC versus Kentucky in a few days.  My Buckeyes should be in the hunt too.  I was shocked they got by Duke as easily as they did.  I won't get too cocky though, as Ohio State has to go to Kansas very soon.

Dec 1, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
UNC is certainly one of the teams to beat.  I think they take care of Wisconsin tonight.  It will be very interesting to watch UNC versus Kentucky in a few days.  My Buckeyes should be in the hunt too.  I was shocked they got by Duke as easily as they did.  I won't get too cocky though, as Ohio State has to go to Kansas very soon.

I'm glad we came through against Wisconsin but we played a sloppy game. I'm worried about Kentucky. Ohio State is looking good this year.  What a great win against Dook :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back