2010 NBA Finals: Lakers-Celtics Redux
Jun 18, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #106 of 109
Play that game ten times, and it would end up 5/5. In other words it was a close series. I never had a sense that one team was decidedly better. Two years ago, the Lakers wouldn't of won a bruiser like yesterday. So they deserve a lot of credit. They're now tougher, Gasol especially. That guy stepped up big time. Conversely, the Celtics are just older. To me, it looked like their legs left them in the second half. Don't get me wrong. The Lakers weren't fresh flowers themselves. But all those C's missed jumpers to me, were the product of an exhausted team.

I hated to see it all end. Congrats to the Lakers.

Jun 18, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #107 of 109
I think it might have at least gone to 7 games two years ago if the Lakers had home court. The two teams are so evenly matched that the home court advantage was huge both times, and the home court team won both times. I'm not saying that the final results would have been any different if the Lakers had home court in 2008, but anything can happen in a game 7 so maybe. If Boston had home court this year the results might have changed as well.

Jun 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #108 of 109
Kobe currently ranked 3rd in the ESPN GoaT poll:

goat.jpg

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #109 of 109
I like your top 5 better than the consensus, fuseboxx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back