2009 College Football Thread
Jan 2, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #946 of 1,108
Yeah - today's lot is a bit tough. Cotton Bowl should be good, and of course the Alamo bowl will be all talk about Leach and Craig James, overshadowing that Arainach's Spartans will be playing without 12 suspended players.

And I will watch RonnieLee's Hogs destroy ECU while also watchint the NU - MSU hoops game. Beats workin'!

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #947 of 1,108
On the Cotton, I'll say Okie State is a walking hospital ward who also just suspended their best cornerback Perrish Cox. I would be surprised should that game be competitive. It is their biggest bowl in a while, and Colonel Reb was there last year. I guess one could hope for that dynamic.

Jan 2, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #948 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Roses for the Ducks........
Two very good teams that show off the deep talent in Pac 10 this year, again the running QB Masoli is very hard to defend for any team, too many options to cover

Ducks will give a beat down to Buckeyes in Rose Bowl, they have not seen any team in Big Ten with this offensive firepower

biggrin.gif

Go Bucks!!!
beerchug.gif

Jan 3, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #950 of 1,108
The Cotton was horrible. 'Cause the Rebs won, but still pretty sloppy turnover-laden football on both sides. Snead looked awful and took a major bell-ringer crackback shot after a pick, so the chances of him coming back for his senior year went up yet again. Crap. Lose-lose day for a Bulldog fan.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #954 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9pintube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GO BUCKS............I cant say much for the BEARCATS.........They got T-BOWED

Not such a bad thing though...not sure anybody would have beaten Florida that day.

Jan 3, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #956 of 1,108
Yeah, I was sorry to see them fall, man. I was still optimistic it was going to work out until pretty late. I had no idea how that game was going to go, with all the circumstances on both sides, and it ended up being a very good game.

The Liberty bowl was good in the second half - another kicker-induced heartbreaker. But the rest of yesterday's bowls SUCKED. I started doing other things for quite a while, only picked back up at the second half of the Liberty.

I will likely have to miss the TCU-BSU game, unfortunately. Work. Ugh. But should catch Iowa-GT.

Jan 3, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #957 of 1,108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Liberty bowl was good in the second half - another kicker-induced heartbreaker. But the rest of yesterday's bowls SUCKED. I started doing other things for quite a while, only picked back up at the second half of the Liberty.

At least I wasnt the one caused heartbreak by a kicker this time. I still don't see what everybody else sees in this QB. That Potts from TT is a QB IMO. Didn't like the way they tossed him to the side at the end and brought out the backup. And then the backup goes on to the press like he saved them from a sure loss.

Jan 3, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #958 of 1,108
Ronnie! I forgot to say congrats. I was pullin' for your Hogs - glad they wound up on the right side of the deal.

Jan 4, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #960 of 1,108
Thanks guys. Hey Viro, you were talking about OU loosing bowl games. I didn't realize that this win snapped a 13 game loosing streak for us in bowl games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Potts from TT is a QB IMO. Didn't like the way they tossed him to the side at the end and brought out the backup.

Read today where Potts was awarded Offensive MVP for Alamo Bowl. Article also said he was pulled because he was having vision problems after taking a hit and they were worried about his previous concussion. The announcers that night were saying it was his finger and that x-rays performed in the locker room had cleared him to play but the OC would not put him back in. Glad to see I was wrong about the way I thought he was treated. Kid played a damn good game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back