2008 NFL Thread
Sep 8, 2008 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MoonShine

Banned
Wanted to talk some NFL and didn't see a thread so here we go...

Week 1 has had some big news already.
Tom Brady out for the season. Wow. There are some Fantasy Football players crying in their beer, not to mention New England players, coaches and fans.
Love him or hate him, he is one helluva QB, I will miss watching him play this year.
San Diego and Indy - What? Chargers go down and the Colts don't look good against Da Bears. The class of the AFC beaten by NFC teams.
How about then Falcons? Are they for real? Ryan and Turner sure looked good today, we shall see.
NFC resurgence? Time will tell.
Looking forward to tomorrows double-header, especially Vikings/Packers.
If the Jets make the playoffs and the Packers don't.... heads will roll in Green bay.

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #2 of 6
yeah fans in boston are most likely jumping from bridges right now. i think they can still make the playoffs in spite of brady going down. i honestly hope they don't though. i'm a hater like that. did you catch the cowboys/browns game? tony romo played with a nice bloody chin for a good chunk of the game. the bears always look good in the begining before the defense injuries mount up. the eagles looked really impressive, as did buffalo.

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #3 of 6
pats season is over, maybe they'll get chris simms... or bring daunte out from retirement.

the afc power houses don't give a rats ass about week 1, they're still going to make the playoffs. buffalo's d is looking good as they always do but edwards isn't going to win them any close games. there's a reason lee evans doesn't like that guy and it's not just cause he's a greedy wr.

falcons are this years dolphins, just that detroit i guess is an even bigger joke. i think norwood and white are going to be future stars though.

as for the birds, dnab always plays nice against crappy ass defenses but doesn't do jack against teams with a pass rush.

i'm riding high on jax this year but tennessee's defense is amazing, too bad they are stuck with that worthless vick-type player named young.

Sep 8, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #4 of 6
i honestly think vince young is quite a bit better than michael vick ever was. he has a great deal of speed and mobility, yet he still is a pass first quarterback unlike vick. if they got him some household name wideouts to catch the ball maybe he could take that superman cape off and lead a balanced team.

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 6
Week 2....(cue the Fox NFL music)....

Time to see how Ryan and Farve do against real defenses.
Early wake up calls/gut checks for Indy and the Chargers.
Romo in primetime on Monday.

Let the games begin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back