2008 NBA Playoffs Thread
Jun 17, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #331 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by floyd
Game 6 will be officiated/decided by Eddie F. Rush, Bennett Salvatore, and Joey Crawford. Hold on to your butts! Rush isn't so horrible, but Salvatore is AWFUL. Joey Crawford will probably hand about about 10 T's tonight too. The refs are going to dominate! Hand em the trophy!

Heh, I can think of no other league whose image is held hostage by officials as badly as the NBA; how pitiful.

Jun 18, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #332 of 350
Well nevermind, the Lakers look to be laying down in this one so the refs don't have much effect on the game. Kobe needs to go into chuck mode because his team isn't interested in playing.

Jun 18, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #334 of 350
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KG's going to get a ring! finally.

Best we've seen in Beantown in a long time.

Jun 18, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #335 of 350
Can't wait. So close! I really don't like LA or Kobe so.. KG and a few others are finally going to get a championship. Start of the 4th and Boston is up big.

Jun 18, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #338 of 350
Congrats Boston!! Man....Lakers were quite horrible. Probably the biggest lost in the NBA championship elimination game!

Jun 18, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #339 of 350
Ho-leee SHEEIT, what a game!

I am the first to admit being a bandwagon fan, but this was so amazing. Pierce and Garnett wore their intensity, pride, then joy and overwhelming emotion on their sleeves tonight; ALL the players did.

It was one of the best moments that I remember in sports; and I am just old enough to remember a certain hockey game 7 with the Bruins against St. Louis.....

Congrats to Doc Rivers, the team, and management for championship # 17....

Don't think I'm getting to sleep too soon.....

Jun 18, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #341 of 350
Super kudos and lank props to Boston, well done. Glad to see PP MVP of the series and KG of the game last night. Happy am I for Doc, the C's org, the bench players, and overall team concept of this ball club. Not since 86 and the 17'th banner on the 17'th day of the month, fitting.

LA did not seem to want to guard Ray Allen, which had he not been fouled/injured for a Qtr and a half, may have made 39 3-point shots..
icon10.gif

I am wearing green today at work, all green..congrats on a sweet season and turnaround of events from 07-08 Boston.

No more basketball
eek.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 2:15 PM Post #342 of 350
Well congrats to the Celtics. The were obviously the class of the field.

I'm fairly disappointed where this version of the playoffs is concerned, so perhaps that dog of a game six would be a fitting end to a post-season that underperformed to my eyes. Perhaps nothing would of lived up to the hype.

It was fun guys. We'll do it again next year. In the meantime, I'm going to take a sports break. Hang out in the garage and wax my new sig. Maybe I can recruit Manute Bol and Shawn Bradly to assist. Don't think I can reach the top.

Jun 18, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #344 of 350
I Am soooo happy!

No one deserved this championship more than the Boston Celtics with their unfortunate years of bad luck, having two potential superstar players deaths, Reggie Lewis and Len Bias. And now winning in the tradition of the Celtics & E.C. style of play that being, Defence wins Championships!

Thanks KG(DPYA) and Ray(The assassin) for coming to Boston!

Thanks to Pierce for your tremendous amount of dedication and loyalty. You are the epitome of a superstar on both ends of the court and also importantly with asst.

Thanks to Rondo for your incredible talent speed and heart who is sure to continue to develop .

Thanks to Doc ... I KNEW you would get us a championship .

Thanks to Perk... Job well done my man.

Thanks to the bench...You all played your hearts out each minute playing defence first, which requires effort and intensity and they all left it out on the court. Big Game James was HUGE as our 6th man!

Thanks to Ainge... I used your name in vain alot the past few seasons but I have to give you props for putting these "CHAMPIONS" together.

Lakers have the return of Bynum to look forward to, so perhaps we shall meet again, some June ? Perhaps then The Koby will shoot better than 35% ; Or maybe not
wink.gif

Sweet 17, Boston Celtics 2008 NBA World Champions~

Team really did jell quicker than even we Celtics fans expected...Hmmm
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back